HDuck

SDSU...You Owe the Mountain West Regardless

WWW.SANDIEGOUNIONTRIBUNE.COM

The Mountain West withholds a $6.6 million distribution due the university until the board meets later this month to decide SDSU's 'status' in the conference

As Mr. Corso would say "Not so Fast"

WWW.MSN.COM

Only 10 Mil more to go!

• Haha 1

First, you do the limbo rock, limbo all around the block. Pac be slow not quick, how low goes the limbo stick? Need more money from the sock. Hey! let's do the conference limbo rock!

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

SDSU botched this BIG TIME.  They will be a perfect addition to the PAC-12….if they even get an invite at this point? 

Mountain West is playing hardball with SDSU.  

Meanwhile, the PAC-12 let USC and UCLA keep their beach volleyball teams in the PAC-12 as affiliate members since the B1G doesn’t sponsor the sport.  No backbone.  Maybe the Mountain West Commissioner should be hired by the PAC-12? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, Rufus said:

...if they (SDSU) even get an invite at this point? 

Really?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I am not sure that I agree that SDSU botched this big time......theres nothing wrong with exploring your options or seeing if a 30 day extension on exit fees could be arranged. Asking questions to get the answers you need is a wise course of action to take.

Thats smart and prudent. Its also okay for the MWC to play hardball with SDSU. Though i feel that the MWC may suffer in the court of public opinion for being petty.

No one in the minor leagues should be petty or bitter when soneone gets called up to the major league.

SDSU is simply a victim of timing. They were up against a hard deadline.  Also they have not received a formal invite but obviously were hanging on what info GK was giving them.

In business things dont always work out as planned. You shift gears, adjust and move forward. Nothing changes for SDSU or SMU if they dont get an invite to the PAC for the 2024 season. Nothing changes for the PAC10. Fox, Big, usuck and uclasuck dealt the cards and the PAC has to play the hand that was dealt.

Remember the PAC10 has nothing to offer prospective new members until they have a media rights or streaming rights package. You cant give or offer what you dont have.

Good things usually happen to those who wait patiently for events to unfold. Patience OBDF members and maybe just a little less doom and gloom. 

The PAC is entering into the unknown for CF if in fact streaming the games is a reality. Give it time to develope and unfold. Let the facts come out and then we can discuss and share our opinions.

Its a great time to be a Duck and its time to bring home a Natty......

• Thumbs Up 3

Oddly enough this could work out just fine for them.

If the PAC gets their media deal together and announces it and then goes ahead and invites SDSU, SDSU can just leave the MWC. 

In a strange way it might even give the PAC more leverage with SDSU... They can potentially dictate how some of the payouts will work for them in the first year or two and SDSU will probably happily go along with it to ensure they have a home. 

I have never understood why the PAC needs a media rights deal before adding SDSU. 

USC and UCLA joined the B1G before they had a media rights deal. 

BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and UCF joined the Big 12 before they had a media rights deal. 

Hmmm…if you are going to change my profile picture to a Big Ten logo, at least make it green and yellow. 

On 7/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, Rufus said:

I have never understood why the PAC needs a media rights deal before adding SDSU. 

Right.

None of us know or understand anything since we are not in the negotiations, do not know what the different parties want and when....etc.  When it is announced it will all become clear; until then we are just speculating.

Nobody is speaking from fact; even those quoted from the room is still hearsay.

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/4/2023 at 7:20 PM, Rufus said:

Hmmm…if you are going to change my profile picture to a Big Ten logo, at least make it green and yellow. 

I believe in truth in advertising, and you have not been taking my hints.  PM me if you wish to discuss.

Mr. FishDuck