NJDuck

Why Fans Should Buy Stock in Dan Lanning at Oregon

Head coach Dan Lanning has the ball rolling in Eugune, securing 10 wins in his first season. There are high expectations heading into 2023, with the Ducks looking to compete nationally.

On3’s J.D. PicKell is looking further down the line though, wanting to buy stock in Oregon. His main reason is how well Lanning is recruiting early in his tenure. Lanning has plenty of SEC experience when recruiting and has brought the same mentality with him to the Pacific Northwest.

“Long-term, I am buying stock in Oregon,” PicKell said. “I’m buying stock in Oregon for a few reasons. The first of which being — they’re going to recruit. How do I know they’re going to recruit? Because Dan Lanning in a very short period of time has proven he’s going to recruit. He doesn’t care where he does it. He’ll go anywhere to recruit.

I understand what he is saying about our safeties last year, but the defense will be different this year going forward.  I will elude to Charles write up entitled "Has the Portal Solved Oregon’s FREAK Problems?"  This defense is being built to attack in layers.  Excited to see what this team will accomplish this year and beyond!

WWW.ON3.COM

On3's J.D. PicKell explained why he is buying stock in the Oregon Ducks with head coach Dan Lanning running the program.

• Applause 1

Would not be Smart to sell DL short. Listed on NASDAQ under DWN - Ducks Win Natty.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Listed on NASDAQ under DWN - Ducks Win Natty.

Futures market ... go long.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would "go-long" on OC Will Stein as well...

_EWJ-Troy Franklin2.JPG

Bird-Bombs Baby!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Just invest in the Vanguard Total Oregon ETF. It has been returning about 20% per year since inception, definitely outpacing its' peers. Better to bundle all the Oregon assets rather than hold onto just one.

Oregon has proven over and over it can turn losers into winners, and then you want to dump them when they leave. Buy the ETF and then sit back and enjoy those who stick around.

You could probably crank up the return by going short those who leave, and stay long on those who come and stay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bo Nix makes his calls at the line of scrimmage. He pumps and dumps it off to Bucky who puts it in the endzone. Push up that margin of victory.

Ok, no more cheesy investment puns, I've had enough.

Edited by EastBayDuckDad