NJDuck

QUAAACK!! KAMAR MOTHUDI IS A DUCK!!

• Go Ducks! 5
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

BREAKING: 4-star LB Kamar Mothudi commits to Oregon Ducks

The Ducks have stayed hot on the linebacker recruiting trail this offseason, loading up talent at the critical defensive position and putting themselves in a great spot going forward.

On Monday, 4-star linebacker Kamar Mothudi announced his commitment to the Ducks, becoming the 20th member of the 2024 class. Mothudi is rated by 247Sports as the No. 18 LB and No. 176 overall player in the 2024 class.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks added another elite LB to the flock on Tuesday, getting a commitment from 4-star LB Kamar Mothudi.

Meet the 2024 Class: Four-star LB Kamar Mothudi joins the Ducks

247SPORTS.COM

Meet Oregon's top-10 2024 class.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Green and Gold??? How embarrassing for 24/7

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Another guy ready to compete and try and become the best he can be. With the talent coming in there aren't any guarantees, other than you will have to work you tail feathers off to get on the field. Fear not Ducks, the tail feathers will grow back!

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now flip Rushing and the future will look pretty bright for the defense.

I very much like the addition of Mothudi. I believe that he has all the making of a tremendous LB either inside or outside.

How about TE? 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

First; let me apologize for writing this, I'm sure that Charles will flag this but I'm going to write it anyway.

I believe that the defense that is being build is very close to what Lanning put together at Georgia and defense wins championships.

I am also sorry the USC has decided to burst-out of the PAC-12 and run out to the Big 10, but you all know what they say about Trojans and pressure, and surely they can't handle the pressure.

🙂 Go Ducks.

• Haha 3

Don't pop the bubble, Fathertime!

Bask in the thrill of the moment!

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:12 PM, Fathertime said:

First; let me apologize for writing this, I'm sure that Charles will flag this but I'm going to write it anyway.

I believe that the defense that is being build is very close to what Lanning put together at Georgia and defense wins championships.

I am also sorry the USC has decided to burst-out of the PAC-12 and run out to the Big 10, but you all know what they say about Trojans and pressure, and surely they can't handle the pressure.

🙂 Go Ducks.

No sweat!  We can say anything we want about our opponents--goodness knows I've had some fun with the Huskies!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Quotes from an On3 article...

“I love it up there,” Mothudi told On3. “I feel very comfortable there. Relationships have already been formed with coaches, players and other recruits. It is a genuine feeling of home up there for me.”

“What I really like about Oregon is how genuine the vibe is — it is about family there,” he said. I know the coaches and the players care for one another there. That is how the people are there, and that has always stood out to me."

“I believe in those guys and they all care about me not only as a player, but as a person. Coach Lanning is a coach I am excited about playing for."

"Once I truly got to meet him, I saw Coach Lanning loves his players, loves the game and loves Oregon. All those things stood out to me.”

--------------------------------

Does it get any better than that?

Dan Lanning at practice_Eric Evans Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Quotes from an On3 article...

“I love it up there,” Mothudi told On3. “I feel very comfortable there. Relationships have already been formed with coaches, players and other recruits. It is a genuine feeling of home up there for me.”

“What I really like about Oregon is how genuine the vibe is — it is about family there,” he said. I know the coaches and the players care for one another there. That is how the people are there, and that has always stood out to me."

“I believe in those guys and they all care about me not only as a player, but as a person. Coach Lanning is a coach I am excited about playing for."

"Once I truly got to meet him, I saw Coach Lanning loves his players, loves the game and loves Oregon. All those things stood out to me.”

You can't fake genuine.  Go coaches.  Thank you for being real, being genuine!  The whole vibe is buzzing at Oregon.  Welcome to the family!

Wait, did I just see a husky fan.  Aw he sad.  Oh it must be because Kamar Mothudi became a Duck today!

th?id=OIP.6JdPbAJ7PlQapzCufH9RkwHaE7%26p

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Just more icing on the cake for DL and his staff. These young men can really recruit.

As mentioned above the competition for playing time and starting positions will be fierce going foward.

A few more key recruits and this will be a solid top 10 class.

GO DUCKS........

On 7/11/2023 at 6:46 PM, NJDuck said:

Wait, did I just see a husky fan.

But they claim they will "flip" him to Seattle...

Sure.  That'll go well...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

Dawg recruiting was almost cruising right along, looking good and then.......

DelayedComplicatedKakapo-size_restricted.gif

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

Ba-dumb-p-thump!

CLASS IMPACT: Kamar Mothudi Commits to Oregon

Breaking down the latest pledge in Oregon's 2024 class as Dan Lanning and the Ducks continue to surge in the summer.

This was a big win for Oregon on the trail, even if it was one that was pretty easy to see coming, dating back to my prediction in March.

Michigan State made a big push for Mothudi near the end, but I think once Dylan Williams committed to Oregon it was a done deal. The two never publicly said that were a package deal, but the "Bash Brothers", as they're known on the 7on7 circuit, are close friends and will reunite in Eugene

Dan Lanning and the coaching staff continue to identify and fill positions of need this cycle and linebacker was certainly one of them. With two talented commits in the fold now, their attention turns to Conroe (Tex.) Oak Ridge linebacker Justin Williams and Yelm (Wash.) linebacker Brayden Platt.

Mothudi is a well-rounded linebacker, who's got a college-ready frame at 6'3", 230 pounds.

Read more about what Kamar Mothudi brings to the Ducks in Ducks Digest by clicking here.

Four-star LB Kamar Mothudi commits to Oregon, breaks down why he chose the Ducks

Oregon lands one of the top linebackers in the country in Kamar Mothudi.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon lands one of the top linebackers in the country in Kamar Mothudi.

USA Today - Ducks Wire has Oregon now ranked at 7 with 20 recruits and a 233.58 score. USC is at 5 but in sight with 17 recruits and a score of 255.33.

Georgia (I'm shocked!) is #1 with 26 recruits and a score of 311.65. It would be great if Oregon can win the 50/50 battle with UGA for Justin Williams. Fly west, young man.

• Let’s hope! 1

On 7/12/2023 at 7:27 AM, Jon Joseph said:

USA Today - Ducks Wire has Oregon now ranked at 7 with 20 recruits and a 233.58 score. USC is at 5 but in sight with 17 recruits and a score of 255.33.

Georgia (I'm shocked!) is #1 with 26 recruits and a score of 311.65. It would be great if Oregon can win the 50/50 battle with UGA for Justin Williams. Fly west, young man.

I hope he realizes better playing and possibly development opportunities under DL!