Steven A

24/7 Media Day Predictions

247SPORTS.COM

Pac-12 predictions, order of finish, players of the year, coach of the year and game of the year for the 2023 college football season.

• Thumbs Up 1

I read this article earlier today.  Just a lot of fawning over USC and some serious underestimation of Oregon.  That aside, USC can't even get past Utah and until they do there shouldn't be so much starstruck attention on them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:47 PM, kirklandduck said:

Just a lot of fawning over USC and some serious underestimation of Oregon.

I love it!  Waiting for our moment...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Well that was a waist time. Glad it was a short read. 

UCLA at USC will be the best game of the season as it was a year ago? This LA guy needs to get away from the beach and out from under the sun. 

USC? Sorry but with UW and Oregon on the schedule, IMO SC is far from an overwhelming favorite. And Oregon at 4 behind UW and Utah? I can see it from the media but I don't see it happening on the field of play. You will not win every shoot out and as I have noted elsewhere +22 in turnover margin will not happen again. I also believe that Troy Dye will be missed. Riley could win the conference title and not get the coaches' votes as COY. 

Unfortunately, I do agree that with the conference this deep and a 9-game conference schedule the Pac-12 will not have a team in the final Final 4. There will be a number of upsets with lower-ranked teams rising up on a given Saturday. I think Arizona in Tucson will be a tough out.

Wow, another article with a bunch of ignorant fanboys masquerading as journalists. Once again, Oregon seriously underrated, and USC and UCLA(????????!!!!!!!!) overrated.  I will take Bo Nix and his stacked offense, and Lanning's revamped defense over any of these teams. I know it's unlikely we will run the table in the Pac-12, but we will do very well.

• Applause 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jon Joseph said:

UCLA at USC will be the best game of the season as it was a year ago? This LA guy needs to get away from the beach and out from under the sun. 

Give him a year... He will be spending half the season freezing his butt off in the Midwest and probably see more snow in a year than the majority of southern Californians will see in their life times. 

• Haha 1