Thomallister1291

Brett McMurphy: Pac-12 Deal to be Presented to Chancellors and Presidents Thursday

I hope that whatever happens is good for our Ducks, even if the deal ends up being bad (hopefully not!)

• Applause 1

I feel confident this will be a good deal for the PAC 

HK wouldnt have been able to hold the 10 together without to wait this long patiently.

Positive thoughts OBDF members. 

Go PAC.... Go Ducks.......

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I feel confident this will be a good deal for the PAC 

HK wouldnt have been able to hold the 10 together without to wait this long patiently.

Positive thoughts OBDF members. 

Go PAC.... Go Ducks.......

Hopefully the deal is on par with the Big 12's (31 million) or the ACC's (which I don't know it's number) and that the potential new members are welcomed in a good way!

After further review the CU Chancellor said that GK will present some CLARITY on the network deal to the chancellors and the presidents on Thursday

He did not say the deal would be presented.

It would help if McMurphy would not mislead readers. This misreporting takes us all down the wrong road. Just leaving out one word changed the narrative and gives false hope.

Its just Baloney......

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a good laugh at some of the comments from that tweet. Some trolls think the deal is going to be worth 26 mil or less per school. 

That doesn't seem like a deal that would be accepted and does not match all the reporting from the more credible sources. 

On 7/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

After further review the CU Chancellor said that GK will present some CLARITY on the network deal to the chancellors and the presidents on Thursday

He did not say the deal would be presented.

It would help if McMurphy would not mislead readers. This misreporting takes us all down the wrong road. Just leaving out one word changed the narrative and gives false hope.

Its just Baloney......

I made a huge mistake posting this...

ESPN says no announcement of a media deal on Friday to the public...but that does not mean the Pac-12 Presidents won't get an update on Thursday.

But then...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/19/2023 at 7:47 PM, Thomallister1291 said:

I made a huge mistake posting this...

No sweat.  We all mess up once in a while.  (I've admitted mine in public--a couple of times)

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Brett McMurphy? I believe his source is Wazzu's water boy but I don't mean to diss on the water boy. 

😵image.thumb.gif.5bb4b0bd3b3c1574e53d0243cab1c51f.gif

Hey thomallister 1291, its okay.....

Its okay to trust but always verify.

Glad you are out there looking. I wanted more info because it was exciting news.

I went to PAC 12 media deal and up popped a few articles. McMurphy, on purpose or accidently misleading, omitted the word CLARITY. It changed the narrative.

Thats not your fault, thats on McMurphy. U watch, Friday night he will be criticizing the PAC for having no deal.

He is being dishonest and a piece of ....(work). He now has ZERO credibility and he undid all the respect I had for his work. He cannot be trusted to inform.

However, GK giving clarity to the chancellors and presidents is positive news. I get the feeling that each day more pieces keep coming together. He is not going to blow smoke at them but clarity means theirs substance at hand. Good news.....

Consider this, every negotiator in the room and every media network executive or streamer KNOWS that the PAC wants a deal north of the G5 Big 12 deal. Once i know what the other person wants, i do my best to make that happen. And i let them know what they need to do to get what they want. Its how business to business works.

I just finished a 2 hour conference call with 2 other associates finalizing our terms for a competitor coming aboard our business. He will know and his team will know tomorrow our expectations.  When they deliver the dollar value we want with their book (volume of business) of business they will receive their asking dollar amount. Its how this business arrangement will work. They have to perform. Promises mean nothing......

OBDF members, its getting close. Nothing we hear or read matters on this subject until GK or the Presidents make that official announcement.

Go PAC...Go DUCKS........

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, Thomallister1291 said:

Hopefully the deal is on par with the Big 12's (31 million) or the ACC's (which I don't know it's number) and that the potential new members are welcomed in a good way!

It was reported in May that the ACC is expecting next year tv revenue to be $30 million.

ESPN now has a report up...

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Pac-12 will not announce a new media rights deal Friday, a source told ESPN, but the conference's patience "is about to pay...

Nothing really in it that hasn't been said... but its another source.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:08 AM, HouClone said:

It was reported in May that the ACC is expecting next year tv revenue to be $30 million.

The base deal is close to $20M but this is supplemented by revenue earned by the ACC network.  In 2022 I believe the total distribution to ACC member schools was just south of $40M. The ACC has responded to criticism of the media deal by Clemson and FSU by allowing teams that make the CFB and CBB playoffs will keep a bigger share of the pie. The Pac-10 is rumored to be doing the same with CFB playoff revenue.

ESPN's media deal runs through 2036! And there is no reason for ESPN to up the ante. 

BTW, I do not believe anything that comes off of McMurphy's keyboard. Typical for Brett to alter the facts to fit his narrative of Pac-10 doom and gloom. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, Jon Joseph said:

The base deal is close to $20M but this is supplemented by revenue earned by the ACC network.  In 2022 I believe the total distribution to ACC member schools was just south of $40M. The ACC has responded to criticism of the media deal by Clemson and FSU by allowing teams that make the CFB and CBB playoffs will keep a bigger share of the pie. The Pac-10 is rumored to be doing the same with CFB playoff revenue.

ESPN's media deal runs through 2036! And there is no reason for ESPN to up the ante. 

BTW, I do not believe anything that comes off of McMurphy's keyboard. Typical for Brett to alter the facts to fit his narrative of Pac-10 doom and gloom. 

You are correct that the all-in number is just short of $40 million (tv revenue, bowls, championship games, NCAA basketball tournament).  Of this, the tv portion was less than $30 million.  The article below says $30 million. I am curious on the $30 million breakdown.  $17M for ESPN I thought was the flat fee until 2036.  It is difficult to find the conference revenue figures but from various internet searches before, the ACCN revenue was about $7 million a couple years ago.  Comcast brought them in recently on the East Coast so the ACCN should increase but $6 million more ($17M + $7M + $6M) seems steep.  

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Top ACC schools have been exploring pathways to compete with future SEC and Big Ten revenue

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Ok, missed your $20M.  So there must be escalators in the ESPN contract where it started off low and increases as the years go on.  $20M makes more sense now versus the $17M.  

• Applause 1

We’ve been waiting.

image.jpeg

• Haha 2