Santa Rosa Duck

AIR - A Story of Greatness

I did not see a dedicated thread for this movie. Just streamed it from Amazon Prime. Quite an excellent movie. Phil Knight played by Ben Affleck. Sonny Vaccaro played by Matt Damon. Viola Davis playing Michael Jordans mother is powerful. Capturing Michael Jordan as a Nike client put Nike over the top. You of course know the end result but the movie is still suspenseful. I really enjoyed this and it was historically nice to see photo's of Steve Prefontaine on the wall in the Nike Headquarters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A MUST WATCH! Great film. Helped to pump up Rob Sasser, played by Jason Bateman, who was a driving force in NIKE's climb. Dan Lanning made mention of Strasser's book, From Good to Great at Pac-12 media day. 

Ben Affleck was great playing the part of an enigmatic Phil Knight. Matt Damon was also excellent playing the part of Sonny Vaccaro who I ran across back in the day in Las Vegas. But Viola Davis, playing Michael Jordan's Mom, stole the show. Sasser and Knight agreeing to share advertising revenue with MJ changed the entire calculus of players receiving a slice of the advertising pie. 

• Go Ducks! 2

Good movie. Well with a watch. 

• Applause 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, WoadBlue said:

Pre is the reason I developed an interest in the Oregon Ducks. For anyone close to my age who ran distance, Pre was simply unique. The best possible inspiration. 

I would add Pre's character was compelling. His intensity, integrity, sensitivity and intellect were a unique combination, and his races were must see. Much like Tiger, or Michael you just wanted to see what they did, and how they did it.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

I'm glad to see this thread.  I enjoyed it too.  Well worth a watch.