Charles Fischer

The Pac-12 RBU is....NOT Oregon?

Can someone 'splain this to me?  (RBU is "Running Back University")

• Yikes! 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

This guy has wisdom....

I love this coach!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/26/2023 at 2:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Can someone 'splain this to me?  (RBU is "Running Back University")

Not sure where this guy (above) is getting his information, but according to Ducks Wire Stanford is ranked ninth in the Pac-12.   Maybe he pulled numbers from 2016?  That's how far back you might have to go when Christian McCaffrey was their running back.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Which Pac-12 team feels the best about their RB room going forward?

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

BigGameBoomer, my only comment is B.S. (bull stuff).  Stanford hasn't been relevant for running backs since McCaffrey.  The boring Shaw offense; throw the ball to a tall tight end is more like Stanford not RBU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Either Oregon school is more relevant to turning out high caliber RB's as of late than Stanferrrd!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 12:15 PM, NJDuck said:

Not sure where this guy (above) is getting his information, but according to Ducks Wire Stanford is ranked ninth in the Pac-12.   Maybe he pulled numbers from 2016?  That's how far back you might have to go when Christian McCaffrey was their running back

I'd say Oregon and Stanford would be in a tough fight if this was 2006-2016 for who had the best runningbacks.

But more recently... It's Oregon. Stanford has had some good ones but Oregon had several that managed to creep up the career boards for Oregon's all time rushers. 

Granted are they counting Travis Dye as a USC kid? Verdell was good but injuries turned out to be his undoing. 

I wish Freeman had more success at the NFL level.

But looking at Oregon's current runningbacks... Oh they'll be running over other teams all year long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kind of depends on if you're talking about simply productivity in college or are you talking about success in the NFL, if it's the latter than I would agree with the idea that Stanford probably eclipses Oregon.  For as much success we have had churning out productive RBs in college, not many of our guys have had a world of success at the next level.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, NJDuck said:

Not sure where this guy (above) is getting his information, but according to Ducks Wire Stanford is ranked ninth in the Pac-12.   Maybe he pulled numbers from 2016?  That's how far back you might have to go when Christian McCaffrey was their running back.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Which Pac-12 team feels the best about their RB room going forward?

I think he used the Dennis Dodd/Brett McMurphy search engine. Bucky Irving in 2022 was one of two RBs to carry the ball 150 times or more and average 6,5 yards or more.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to know what the formula was in deciding.  Is Miami really the best in the ACC?  Wisconsin the best in the B1G?  Appalachian St. for the Sun Belt?  They have only been in the Sun Belt since 2016.

I'd say the person literally threw darts to pick schools.

• Haha 1

First, it's Big Game Boomer and he's constantly churning out lists full of hot takes and mistakes. It's essentially click-driven drivel. However, if the metric being used is NFL success, he may have an argument.  Essentially they've put McCaffrey, Gerhart, Bryce Love, Stepfan Taylor and Tyler Gaffney in, while we've put Royce, LaMike, Kenjon, J-Stew, DAT, Blount, J-Johnson in about the same time frame. 

I think McCaffery is the standard bearer for them, but on sheer numbers we have them beat.

• Thumbs Up 1