The Kamikaze Kid

Apple, ESPN and a Couple Questions

With the news of the Apple offer, I have a couple questions about the current situation.

First, is Apple about to acquire ESPN? If so, would the New Apple Pac 12 network be bundled with ESPN+? If so, this could be a great way for the Pac to increase its presence all over the country by being associated with ESPN even without a contract with them.

Also, if Apple acquires ESPN, would they cross promote the Apple Pac 12 network on ESPN? Again, this could be a major benefit to consider. If Apple does not acquire ESPN, then all of these benefits wouldn’t happen, and the deal would look much less appealing.

If these issues weren’t addressed in yesterday’s meeting, they should have been because Apple’s potential acquisition of ESPN is the elephant in that room.

• Thumbs Up 2

So much for us to learn about it yet, as we don't officially have anything...just hearsay of those in the room.

Mr. FishDuck

ESPN is not fully for sale... Disney is looking for another entity to basically become a partner so it sounds like looking for significant investment as they are looking to go to a stronger streaming platform. 

Apple is rumored to be one of those companies interested. 

If Apple does become part of the ESPN ownership I'm sure they'd want to leverage their content and ESPN'S as much as they can. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, David Marsh said:

fricken Apple does become part of the ESPN ownership I'm sure they'd want to leverage their content and ESPN'S as much as they can. 

This right here is the make it or break it with an Apple deal. Out on some Apple subscription island by themselves sounds disastrous Leaders on the streaming front partnered with ESPN sounds best case scenario.

What whacky times for PAC fans. I sure hope Uncle Phil is being consulted with. These are decisions that require some cutting edge thinking.

Disney is in dire straits, despite tons of content....Apple has deep pockets, a streaming platform and minimal content.  Seems like a good match.

• Thumbs Up 2

So much we and the haters (such as Finebaum) don’t know. Wait and see.