Annie

Well, Of Course--It's Paul Finebaum

On 8/2/2023 at 10:31 AM, Annie said:

So have I.

It pains me to say it, but I don’t disagree with Finebaum.

And I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Not a fan of PF but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if AZ schools and Utah bolt to b12. 

Guess we will have to see if there are other things to consider along with the streaming proposal. Im sure it's the eventual trend and it's cool to be on the leading edge but it still several years away for it to become a standard media feature for your typical college football nut. Also, teams will be challenged more so with recruiting.

I hope it works out for the Pac staying together!

Anybody else find it odd that ESPN/FOX have money to give full payouts to all these PAC teams to join the Big 12, but don't have money to keep the PAC together?

• Haha 1

If the Apple deal is all there is I agree with him, but Finebaum has a track record of wishing nothing but ill will to the PAC and Oregon in particular. 

Here's hoping that the Apple "part" of the deal is only about half of it and we know sooner rather than later. If not there may not be much of a PAC conference to make a deal with. And that would be a sad, sad day in my book, even if Oregon does fine anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Finebaum was born and raised in Tennessee.  Worked as a sports reporter in Birmingham for many years.  He then gained more prominence when he was hired by the SEC network.  Is he biased? Probably more than just a little.  Fox and ESPN have hitched their wagons to the B1G and SEC.  In their estimation, every other conference is only good for extra content.  Not really good for business if ACC, or PAC teams were to start winning championships on a regular basis.  If they did, FOX and ESPN would have to pay more for their games.  I don't think Fox and ESPN want to see the championship games played by two teams not in their preferred conferences very often.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree with the point about ESPN and FOX wanting to give to teams leaving the Pac but less to keep the Pac together.  It's hard to negotiate when ESPN/FOX are actively trying to break the PAC apart. I think the important thing right now is to survive and wait to see how USC/UCLA survive the change. I feel that travel is too brutal to the basketball teams who already have a tough schedule.

• Thumbs Up 2

LOL! I think we all need to realize that ESPN and FOX have invested heavily in two conferences and want them to remain top dogs,