Thomallister1291

Who Should Oregon Schedule in the Future Other than the Beavs?

Oregon's Big Ten move has left some P5 empty spots between 2029 and 2033, I'm expecting the six consecutive Big 12 series' to survive but thanks to the move, two series' against Michigan State and Ohio State have got the boot, and this left me wondering...

Who could Oregon schedule to replace the Spartans and Buckeyes?

For 2029-30, I was thinking about scheduling none other than the Notre Dame Fighting Irish after checking FBSchedules, as they have empty spots in the dates we were set to play against MSU, and Notre Dame will reportedly never join the Big Ten, so it will definitely be a nice non-conference matchup.

For 2032-33, it gets a little bit trickier to find a replacement for the Buckeyes, I was thinking about a series with Clemson but only if they join the SEC.

After that, I would love a 2035-36 series with Alabama, but I know what most of you are expecting, we all would love matchups against Oregon State, tho I don't know if the Beavs will be P5 or G5 moving forward, but, aside from a yearly series against the Beavers, who could we schedule in the future?

No B12 teams unless OR ST joins the B12 and absolutely no 2-for-1 series with G5 teams. 

The B1G will go to a 10-game conference schedule likely by 2026. There will be no reason to schedule an OOC heavyweight. Enough of these heavyweights, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, UCLA, UW, and USC reside in-conference to provide all of the SOS that Oregon will need. 

Play SEC teams and Clemson and FSU in the expanded playoff. The game will no longer be worth the candle to risk a potential loss OOC.

More important to find middle weights that will give Oregon not fewer than 7 home games every year.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Nothing but cupcakes if the B1G goes to 10 conference games.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Please no more big time games. Depending on scheduling we could have games against 4 to 7 top 25 teams.

The Ducks will have nothing to prove in their OOC games.

Schedule 2 or 3 home games that allow the backups valuable playing time. 

Its a whole new world. We are no longer (in 2024) in a conference that lacked respect that needed a big time game dor SOS.

We just got invited ro be a member of the BIG. Some years the schedule will be brutal.

Georgia, BAMA and LSU have plenty of cupcakes on their schedules. They win Natty's.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Jon Joseph said:

No B12 teams unless OR ST joins the B12 and absolutely no 2-for-1 series with G5 teams. 

The B1G will go to a 10-game conference schedule likely by 2026. There will be no reason to schedule an OOC heavyweight. Enough of these heavyweights, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, UCLA, UW, and USC reside in-conference to provide all of the SOS that Oregon will need. 

Play SEC teams and Clemson and FSU in the expanded playoff. The game will no longer be worth the candle to risk a potential loss OOC.

More important to find middle weights that will give Oregon not fewer than 7 home games every year.

This is precisely the way to go...

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, noDucknewby said:

Nothing but cupcakes if the B1G goes to 10 conference games.

Absolutely. Follow the 'Bama model.