The Kamikaze Kid

Pac 12 Dominance of the Last 15 Years

With all of this chest pounding SUC has been doing lately I decided to compile a list of Pac Championships the last fifteen years with five year breakdowns. And to nobody's surprise, SUC barely makes a ripple. But there is a clear front runner and who could that be? Some folks down south are not going to like it.

PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022-08

LAST FIVE YEARS
2 Utah 2021-22
2 UO 2019-20
1 UW 2018

LAST TEN YEARS
3 UO 2019-20, 2014
2 Utah 2021-22
2 UW 2018, 2016
2 Stanford 2015, 2013
1 USC 2017

LAST FIFTEEN YEARS
6 UO 2019-20, 2014 2011-09
3 Stanford 2015, 2013-12
2 Utah 2021-22
2 UW 2018, 2016
2 USC 2017, 2008

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Cool 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Combined championships, men's basketball TOURNAMENT and football regular season in the 12-team era (since 2011-12):
7 - Oregon - 8 in regular season (4 football, 4 basketball)
5 - Arizona - 6 basketball regular season - UO/UA tied basketball regular season 2017
3 - UW - 4 in regular season
3 - Stanford
2 - Utah
1 - UCLA - 2 basketball regular season
1 - USC
1 - Colorado - 0 in regular season
1 - OSU - 0 in regular season
0 - ASU, Cal, WSU

The one net difference between regular season and Tournament numbers was 2020 - there was no Tournament.

UO/UW had 12 combined in regular season.  USC/UCLA had 3.  Why many of us were grumpy about the B1G plucking USC/UCLA a year ago as the "premier programs."
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

LOL....as a fan of both schools......and only because I like to be reasonable.......without defending the USC big heads

USC was going thru severe sanctions 2010-12......and those sanctions had a carry on affect for a minimum of 3 years.....and actually contributed to USC retaining the worst coach I have ever watched in action, bar none, in over 60 years of football.....pro, college  and high school..... 

The infamous Helton......which is impossible to explain other than to vomit and creep away. After USC he has taken Georgia Southern to 6-7 last year......this year he has not encountered a loss yet but he has yet to coach a game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Fred, so you're saying we should only look at the Pac10 years.  The Pac12 was not a happy time for USC.  And, 12 seasons of it was sufficient time for some self-correction.  Obviously they have a shot in 2023 to leave a bit better impression than they did in the prior 12.

Do you have any comments on UCLA football?  Seriously, do you have some analysis of what has happened?  Last football title in 1998.  Donahue was great.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fred I love your input in the forum. Keep up the good work.

USC's championship in 2017 should have been a "we're back!" moment but it was not. Since then, they have managed to lose a couple Pac championships to both Utah and the UO but that has not stopped them from claiming to be the undisputed Pac Kings regardless of what reality says. Also. SUC wondering why the BIG would want the team with the most Pac championships by far in the last fifteen years is laughable.

Even if you combined the Pac championships of the other BIG/Pac teams together it would be:

UO 6

SUC/ fuskies/ UCLA 4

• Applause 1

I'am just having fun. Love to stick it to Helton every chance I get. Oregon has had some lousy coaches also but nothing that compares to the ice cream king. He used to have an ice cream truck show up during practice so the kids could get soft serve......and become even softer. On the USC boards it was all bout what flavor they might be today. Riley has returned discipline to the team. 

Anyway.....I enjoy this site and love the fact that USC and Oregon are going to have some great matchups. Since I live in Indy, I look forward to attending some games close by and supporting both teams against these sometimes over rated mid west teams......especially on a brisk fall Saturday. 

As for basketball I suspect Oregon is going to love the day they came into the league. The big 10 gets blown out of the NCAA's every year consistently. Maybe with USC, UCLA and Oregon in there a chance exists for a respectable showing. As you know the championship is in Indy.  

As for the record, USC is not the old USC. The wine and cheese crowd has changed the school somewhat and a lot of the foreign student body hardly even knows what football is. Riley is a good coach but he does not seem to understand that defense is important also. The defensive coaching staff is weak. 

They stuck with Helton even after most of the fan base was screaming at them to fire the fool because its just not run like it used to be. We'll see if Riley hangs around once he has to play those lines in the Midwest. Oregon ought to be just fine because as most of you know it's all about the lines and the coaching staff seems to understand that.....I was watching to see if Lanning was going to continue with the great offensive lines that Christo started and to date he has......and this year brought in some terrific defensive line help. 

As for the Ruins.....no idea what they are doing aside from the fact that they now have an outstanding coach. He is not much of a recruiter but he sure can coach them up. One lousy coach after another had destroyed their student interest and the team itself was a total mess when Kelly came in. No discipline what so ever. Kelly has cured that and they now are in the position Oregon was before the 4/5 star kids started coming to Oregon.

Anyway....thanks for the comments. Hopefully I will not get on anybodies bad side. Don't have any hidden agenda other than I want the kids to play hard and enjoy their time with their team mates.   

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We will see how far their Heisman qb can take them this year because next year he is gone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever USuC fans think about how great they used to be, all current high school kids have seen how Oregon has been better on the field for these kids entire lives.

So the past 15 years is the timeline of influence for all high school recruits.

Couple that with coach Lanning &Co recruiting skills, why would any serious kid go to LA?!

Think about the current flip, Dakoda Fields, all DL has to say is look how many UGA kids got drafted to NFL. 

We run the same D.

We develop players.

We win games.

It's a no brainer. 

I think Trojan fans inhale too much wild-wood-weed to have a firm grasp of reality 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:31 PM, fred flintstone said:

Anyway.....I enjoy this site and love the fact that USC and Oregon are going to have some great matchups.

You have been a good sport, (Especially for a USC fan!) and I want to encourage you to continue.  I hope you can ignore all the stuff I post about them, as it is clear--you are not the same.

Please note--I generally don't say much about them because just quoting them says enough!

Anyhoo--good on you for your participation here.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/8/2023 at 6:01 PM, Just Ducky said:

We will see how far their Heisman qb can take them this year because next year he is gone. 

And next season SC opens vs LSU and UCLA plays at LSU. GULP!

• Haha 1

Frankly, whoever created the USC schedule for 24 needs his head examined. LSU, ND, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St, UCLA and an Illinois team that has improved significantly.  

USC fans might get some luck now that Oregon is in since the schedule needs to be redrawn. 

If Riley does not get a clue from Lanning and recruit some big folks on the lines........without Williams at QB.......it's going to be a long year on Vermont St. 

I wonder how Oregon's schedule will look for 24 and when it will be issued. Maybe they can cancel that long trip to Hawaii but I doubt it. Texas Tech and Boise St seems a bit much considering the new conference nasties. Idaho looks good. At least Tech and Boise are in Eugene.

One good thing.....even a 10-2 result should put Oregon in the expanded playoffs.....and now that the pac is history I'am wondering if even a 9-3 might do it with that tough schedule.   

fred, spot on. But if there is one G5 place worth traveling to it is to Hawaii and the most excellent Pacific Islander recruiting grounds.