Charles Fischer

Guess How the Huskies Have Done with the Best Washington HS Recruits?

Look at the top seven of which are 4-Stars, and look at how many Washington has!  They aren't building a fence around the state and keeping recruits in, they are building a fence around UW and keeping the recruits out!

And look who the No. 1 player is for the state of Washington....

247SPORTS.COM

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

I never said I was noble...

• Mic drop 2

Mr. FishDuck

Wow! Not a single commit to UW in the top 25. 

Is the 2021 local legacy Wunderkind 5* QB Sam Huard still their 4th stringer?

On 8/24/2023 at 9:24 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Is the 2021 local legacy Wunderkind 5* QB Sam Huard still their 4th stringer?

WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Washington Huskies QB Sam Huard has announced he's transferring to Cal Poly, where he'll reunite with his high school football coach, Sheldon Cross, who is now the offensive...

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

Come on guys their 2024 class is one place ahead of Appalachian State, and App State is a darn good team.

Also as the 55th ranked program they are average, and there is nothing wrong with average, unless you want to be competitive.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

• Haha 1

DeBoer is a good X's and O's guy for sure.   Not so much a good recruiter and it will catch up with him if he does not bolt for the NFL in a couple of years.

For a minute I thought #1 and #2 were twins lol

I'd love to see Jason Brown commit to Oregon.  Then OBD would have 3 of their top 5 state recruits, how hilarious would that be?

On 8/24/2023 at 10:35 AM, Augduck said:

DeBoer is a good X's and O's guy for sure.   Not so much a good recruiter and it will catch up with him if he does not bolt for the NFL in a couple of years.

Agree Deboer is very good coach, and that isn't all he has to do.

Sounds like a coach we had, who was given a very good team, set of coaches and thought he was gods gift to coaching. 

Without recruiting a coach is sitting on a two legged stool. They are bound to fall off and end up somewhere else, often on their hind end.

My bet it is only a matter of time for the school which has had 9 coaches over the last 20 years.

cary-grant-falls-on-chair.gif

Some coaches who move up to P5 schools never adapt to the requirements of elite level recruiting. Their recruit comfort zone can often mirror the mid-level mind set of schools like FSU: good but not great, and driven by an underdog mentality that thrives on proving themselves via big game upsets. Deboer may be one of those who can’t move from being the hunter into having the target on his back.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, Haywarduck said:

Come on guys their 2024 class is one place ahead of Appalachian State, and App State is a darn good team.

Boy that is amazing to see, at No. 57 in the nation?  Whew!

N.RIVALS.COM

2024 all-teams football recruiting team rankings by Rivals.com

Mr. FishDuck