Charles Fischer

Whoa! Bodacious in the NY Times?

This is reported on another site, in the NY Times--cool!

user generated

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

For those who could not open the Twitter, (X) ad from the other thread...this is what people checking scores at ESPN saw yesterday...

Bodacious Ad.jpg

Is this promotion for the program incredible or what?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Aggressive, I like it. What could be better than Green and Yellow as far as the eye can see.

• Applause 1

SWEET - All the news that's fit for lint?

• Haha 1

Those 5 start QB's should be lining up to become a Duck. Like it or not the NFL loves those well known QB's as they drive attendance and views. It's all about the brand now days. 

• Applause 1

On 8/27/2023 at 10:38 AM, Dave23 said:

Those 5 start QB's should be lining up to become a Duck. Like it or not the NFL loves those well known QB's as they drive attendance and views. It's all about the brand now days. 

Wow, great point.  

This makes more money for the NFL team that drafts him, and more money for him later through endorsements due to his well known name.

Mr. FishDuck

GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/27/2023 at 10:38 AM, Dave23 said:

It's all about the brand now days. 

If I'm not mistaken, those responsible for this brand are the same ones responsible for the NIKE brand for the last 40 years.  Weiden+Kennedy. 

Nothing like having the A team working on your stuff.    GO DUCKS!

• Applause 2

LOOK: Bo Nix Heisman campaign spreads to New York Times

It all started with Oregon Ducks quarterback Bo Nix hovering above a street block in downtown New York City a couple of weeks ago. Then the movement spread to Dallas, where Nix could be seen winding up for a deep ball in the larger metro area.

Now the Heisman Trophy campaign for Nix has hit the Sunday edition of the New York Times.

So will we see the Nix advertisements pop up anywhere else over the next few days leading up to the season? Who knows, but Oregon fans should keep their eyes peeled.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Bo Nix’s Heisman campaign has now hit the Sunday pages of the New York Times.

Great article today in The Athletic about Bo Nix……and the billboard in NYC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Dante Moore is rethinking his commitment to UCLA now that Oregon is joining B1G.  In Oregon, he likely gets the brand he wanted and still get to travel near home for B1G road games.  Don't be surprised if any shakeups (bad season, injury, coaching change, NIL opportunity) cause him to land back at Oregon in the future.

That being said, I still loathe the new penalty-free transfer rules.  Players and coaches should have to sit out a year if they "transfer" from one P5 team to another.

On 8/28/2023 at 9:39 AM, mikethehiker said:

...cause him to land back at Oregon in the future.

I doubt it, but I have no doubt that there is some QB at a lesser school--who is talented and will want to transfer to Oregon at the end of this season.  Like a Penix from Indiana type of situation...

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck