Pennsylvania Duck

LOOK: Ducks Announce Clean White and Silver Uniform Combination for Texas Tech

Portland State Vikings were largely a hit, with fans loving the return of carbon fiber on the helmet wings.

The jerseys for Week 2 against the Texas Tech Red Raiders should go over just as well. On Wednesday evening,

Oregon unveiled their jerseys for the upcoming game down in Lubbock, releasing images of a white jersey combination that includes silver helmets, white jerseys, and white pants.

The game on Saturday will be played at 6 p.m. local time in Texas, and 4 p.m. PT. The temperature is expected to be close to 100 degrees, so dressing in white will be beneficial for the Ducks trying to beat the heat.

Here is a closer look at the uniforms that Oregon will be wearing on Saturday in the big non-conference showdown:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

🟢⚪🦆The Ducks are going with a clean look as they try to beat the heat down in Lubbock this weekend 🦆⚪🟢

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do like the shinny helmets. Grants I tend to like them in shinny green more... But the chrome is good. 

I do like those uniforms in white though. They are very clean.

98 degrees in Lubbock on Saturday means about 108 on the field! They're gonna need all the white they can get! Better have the cooling vests on the sidelines for everyone

• Thumbs Up 1

Flash n Dash, with a splash of green. 

I like it!

• Like 1

Also practical, white will help with the heat until it gets to the evening.

I agree with Babyjesus & kirkland: white uniforms make great sense.

Edited by Mic

Oh wow.. this might be my new fave combo.  That Silver Helmet!!!

People didnt like the cancer month pink, but that was my fav til this point

I cant wait til game time

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again I can live with it, but why can't there be just a splash of yellow somewhere too?  Maybe just the Nike Swoosh or something.  They do look fast...may we play fast and win big

In the past, we have had silver numbers to go with the helmet, or black numbers. I like the green numbers…

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/7/2023 at 7:40 AM, JDuck said:

Once again I can live with it, but why can't there be just a splash of yellow somewhere too?  Maybe just the Nike Swoosh or something.  They do look fast...may we play fast and win big

Given the proclivity of Oregon to change things up and invent new combinations I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before we see yellow somewhere in the uniform scheme.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:57 AM, Mic said:

Given the proclivity of Oregon to change things up and invent new combinations I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before we see yellow somewhere in the uniform scheme.

My thing is, I like the all black, the all white, some of the silver/chrome etc, BUT...I want SOME green and SOME yellow on EVERY uniform, regardless of sport.  Just outline the green numerals on the all-black with thin yellow piping, etc.  Green facemask, yellow cleats, wjhatever

On 9/8/2023 at 3:24 PM, JDuck said:

My thing is, I like the all black, the all white, some of the silver/chrome etc, BUT...I want SOME green and SOME yellow on EVERY uniform, regardless of sport.  Just outline the green numerals on the all-black with thin yellow piping, etc.  Green facemask, yellow cleats, wjhatever

I don't know how they come up with all these uni schemes but some designer (presumably at Nike)  probably ha his/her finger on the pulse.  I think the players get to make their choice, tho.

• Thumbs Up 1