Charles Fischer

Did YOU Have Serious Questions About Oregon After the Game?

I am referring to the 2022 game in Pullman where we supposed to win routinely, and yet pulled off a miracle to win.  Didn't you have some serious questions about the team after that game?

I know I did.

The similarities of that game and the 2023 Texas Tech are interesting; intense crowd, getting behind, miraculous comeback and a save at the end by the defense on a pick-six by a defender in the front seven.

Oregon's Mase Funa earns Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Week, presented by  Nextiva, following game-sealing pick-six | Pac-12

Oregon Football: Brandon Dorlus, Jeffrey Bassa shine in Ducks' win

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

With the Cougs it was the D with TT my concern was the O line.

Yes, I did.....but I also felt like Wazzu had 3 or 4 one in a million plays to keep it close. For the life of me I don't remember them now though.

Couple of bail out bombs with Ward escaping pressure.  Maybe a PI or other flag to extend plays?

But I had that game circled as a trap given it was the first conference game, and it was Wazzu, whom I never took for granted after 2004.

I actually didn't.  I feel the same now, but this year's team isn't as familiar with each other like last year's unit was.

I didn't think WSU was as good as"they played".  That bore out as correct.  I think TTU is as good as they played, and is a dangerous team this year.  We'll see.

KISS.

I believe that applies given the raw ability this team has.  It's the mental aspect that matters at this point- for players and coaches.  

I wish I had time to write analysis articles again.  I see so much that requires research to determine just how good this team really is.

I see signs that look good.  I've seen every conference contender- and I believe UCLA is a spoiler ( and can actually play for the title).  It is going to take excellence we've only see from Chip's Natty group, but the components are there.  

And we have a much better QB at the reins.  If the defense steps up to that 2019 or 2010 level of play, we have a Natty contender on our hands.  

If...

• Thumbs Up 3

Nope.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ditto on the nope

"Did YOU Have Serious Questions About Oregon After the Game?"

I currently still have serious questions about this team.

And I will continue to have serious questions about this team until I see them put a 'competitive' team away at home, and see if they can also do it on the road against one of the tough PAC-12 teams. 

Are they capable of proving this? On paper, 100% yes. For all kinds of reasons, this Saturday will be an interesting test.

If they play this Saturday as they are capable, and if they play in a disciplined fashion, in my humble opinion, they will go all Buffalo Bill over the Buffs. 

There was a time seeing Wazzu receivers snatch the ball off the turf in full stride amazed me... Not so much after seeing it under the pirate as a regular occurrence.

There is something about the Palouse that is almost mystical in the way the Cougs seem play above their heads at times.