kirklandduck

Other Pac12 Games Thread

OSU and DJU getting some nice exposure on Fox Sports. So far I have to say he's a definite upgrade at QB for the Beavos. Not nearly the same level as Nix, Caleb or the others. But he has a strong arm, reasonable accuracy, and is a load to bring down when he runs. 

Cal is looking terrible against Idaho right now. Yes, Idaho...

While everyone is tripping over their tongues with Buffs (sorry USuC, your love fest is over), i think the Beavs are the Dark horse to win the conf. 

O line, Defense and a very good quarteback. I got the picked to beat USuC in LA. Thats a good football team in Corvallis 

I think OSU would've beaten USC last year if they had DJU at the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Noles almost got beat by BC. Had 457 yards hung on them. Hope FSU fan isn't like Duck fan. Everyone would get fired.

Georgia down at half? Wow...

UCLA cruising right now. But then again they're playing NC Central.

DJ is not having a very good game for the beavs, 

Beavers defensive front 7 look good.

O-line struggling a bit with SDSU. 

QB DJU looks very pedestrian. Strong arm, yes. But accuracy, nyet.

OSU definitely needs better receivers.

All in all, I'm disappointed. They lose against UW, USC, Utah and us.

I bet they lose to Colorado. 

Bama knotted at 3 early 3rd v. South Florida. Texas win might not be that impressive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:17 PM, Log Haulin said:

Noles almost got beat by BC. Had 457 yards hung on them. Hope FSU fan isn't like Duck fan. Everyone would get fired.

Georgia down at half? Wow...

All fan bases start to lose it when you have wins like that. 

Right now I think some Bamanfans may be calling for Saban's head with how they're performing against South Florida. 

I do think that Saban will be gutting his staff by year's end regardless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Puppies are destroying MSU, however given the distractions that program is going through that's not surprising.

Also... I'm feeling better about Oregon's offensive line as I'm watching Bama's line getting torn to shreds by USF.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, kirklandduck said:

Puppies are destroying MSU, however given the distractions that program is going through that's not surprising.

I also don't think MSU was all that good before the off field distractions. They downright stank last year. 

On 9/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, David Marsh said:

Also... I'm feeling better about Oregon's offensive line as I'm watching Bama's line getting torn to shreds by USF.

6 sacks for UCF. Agree about Bama staff. Thats not a Sabin staff. 

Florida is pounding Tennessee right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be great if both Texas and Tennessee lose. Down with SEC.

Edited by Dave23

On 9/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, Dave23 said:

It would be great if both Texas and Tennessee lose. Down with SEC.

It would be great. 

What I think may be coming through is that Bama is not a Bama-quality team this year. 

And maybe Texas is just Texas...

SEC is looking decidedly weak across the board this year so far.  

Colorado and Colorado State are in a dog fight right now... wasn't Colorado supposed to win this one by a healthy margin? I know still first quarter... 

But I guess this "it's personal" motivation stuff can cut both ways. 

14-14 at the end of the first, Colorado is looking less than efficient especially their run game and and their D.

Buffs getting exposed. 

Washington looks like a contender. I don't care how bad Michigan State is. It's a road game against a P5 school. They got their first B1G win in a big way. Utah looked good, very physical team. Very disciplined.

Too much fun watching Colo St giving the Neon Buffys all they can handle. Exposing that defense. 

• Applause 1

Buffs have 94 total yards at the half. Thought this team was supposed to be good.

Wow CSU playing with a serious chip on their shoulder, love it.  Let's see if they can keep it up in the 2nd half.

Flipped over to the ASU game, they're looking really bad against Fresno St.  16-0 FSU at the half.

Watching Colorado highlights.  Wow, CSU really showing how bad Colorado's OL really is.

Another sack, Buff's OL folds like laundry.

So far the Buffs DL doesn't look any better than their OL

CSU DC is earning his paycheck tonight.

Even if Colorado wins... they are in for a rough time in Eugene next week.

Oregon's pass rush looked good tonight. We only got one or two sacks because Hawaii was getting that ball out super fast. But also if you watch a lot of those incomplete passes those were hurries because the defensive line was coming in hot after him. Colorado's offense just doesn't get the ball out as fast which will mean more sacks.

I really want CSU to win this one but it would be better for us if they didn't. Always hate the Juxtaposition.

• Thumbs Up 1

CSU is laying out the blueprint for how to defend Colorado.  I'm sure DL and Tosh are taking notes right now.

Wow that was a fantastic catch by Holker!

On 9/16/2023 at 9:59 PM, David Marsh said:

Even if Colorado wins... they are in for a rough time in Eugene next week.

Oregon's pass rush looked good tonight. We only got one or two sacks because Hawaii was getting that ball out super fast. But also if you watch a lot of those incomplete passes those were hurries because the defensive line was coming in hot after him. Colorado's offense just doesn't get the ball out as fast which will mean more sacks.

Definitely.  CSU defense is collapsing the pocket regularly.  Dorlus, Burch, Matayo, Popo, they're all going to have a field day with this next week.

Edited by kirklandduck

On 9/16/2023 at 10:19 PM, kirklandduck said:

Definitely.  CSU defense is collapsing the pocket regularly.  Dorlus, Burch, Matayo, Popo, they're all going to have a field day with this next week.

Sanders is also big on playing hero ball... he just doesn't seem to want to throw the ball away but is looking to make the big play and gets sacked.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:27 PM, David Marsh said:

Sanders is also big on playing hero ball... he just doesn't seem to want to throw the ball away but is looking to make the big play and gets sacked.

Yeah I noticed that too, he keeps holding onto it way too long.

If CSU can get one more first down this game is over.

Wow that was a fantastic kick at exactly the right time!

Jeeeeez what wasted effort by the CSU defense.

• Go Ducks! 1

That's why the prevent defense doesn't work, never put pressure on Sanders which they had done all night, terrible play calls by the CSU DC

uggh... why did Colorado State touch the ball after the punt.. they could have let it sit there until the clock was gone. Giving one play to the opponent with a tied game is not smart football.

• Applause 1

Wow CSU really tripped all over itself when it counted.  

The positive takeaway from this is that if Colorado struggles this bad against a motivated Mountain West team then Oregon should throttle them.

Best case scenario for the Ducks that CSU showed us how to beat Colorado, took them to an emotional overtime, but Colorado still won.

We get to play a ranked Colorado team at home next week that won't have a psychological advantage ofer us and may be a little physically and emotionally worn down.

They put the Buffs into the Coffin (Corner) but forgot to put the stake in Ralphie's heart.

I would have rather seen Prime tripping to Eugene with a blowout win and not on this kind of Rocky Mountain high.