Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread vs. Hawaii: Join Us!

Here we are my Duck-Buddies, the thread for pondering the actual game as it happens.  Let's discuss before, and during the game!

The vast majority of you are GREAT in this thread, but you must remember that this forum is different, as we require civilized discourse.

1. Do NOT get personal about OBD, such as "that coach/player is an idiot."  Discussion of negative about bad coaching decisions or poor player performance is fine, and encouraged. 

2. Discussion of negative is fine, but don't vent on us!  If you are going over-the-top?  It is painful to read, and both you and the post will be removed.  Be a good sport to your fellow members!

Rule No. 31d covers GameDay Thread Conduct, and it is not hard for the vast majority of us--just a tiny few who need to reign it in when things don't go well for Our Beloved Ducks.

It is a shame I have to harp on something that applies to so few of you, but GameDay threads really bring the worst out of a small number.  Now with that, lets DO discuss and enjoy the game together, including all the elements.  (Including the negative!)

Let's Have Fun Posting During the Game!

Tez Johnson scores_Screenshot from GoDucks.com Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Go Ducks

Hopefully the penalties are under control this week (Kyhree I'm looking at you buddy).

I am really looking forward to better play from the secondary this week, despite how they are going to be barraged.  It will be fun to watch how they handle it and respond...

Going to need more of this...

Khyree Jackson pick_Fox Sports Video Screenshot.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Well, the smoke levels here in Eugene are. WAY better than they were in Grants Pass!  Looking forward to watching OBD dominate in every aspect of this game!

Will enjoy this one from the 3rd row in the south end zone!  Go Ducks!

Just looking for a solid game with limited mistakes... Did the Rainbow Warriors bring their own refs (Please!)

Thats too easy. 

Still feels like the OL is having trouble opening clean lanes for the RBs.

O line is making plays

More consistent tackling... Much better than last week.

12 plays 17 points at 5:55 mark of the first. Crazy 

Petros is the worst!!!

I'm sorry, Ted Robinson...awful.

OOF, nice hit by Bryce Boetshcer! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I being too critical, I know we scored 24 in the first quarter, but it seems a lot of the offense is dink and dunk, nickel and dime. 

It's like we're trying to take 3 or 4 downs to get a first down. Of course then we pull off a 40 yard pass or 20 yard run. 

Never mind.

D is not giving up anything.  Hawaii is 0-5 on 3rd down

• Like 1

I am already starting to feel sorry for Hawaii. Is it wrong?

Hope TT gets in next series. Stays with the one till halftime

I thought I was reaching a bit with my 62-24 prediction. 

At this point, it looks like I'm going to be way off on both numbers. 

I have officially revised my game prediction. Original prediction:

- Oregon / 62-24 / 3 TOs /4 Sacks / 401 Yards Passing

Revised Prediction:

- Oregon 126 / Hawaii 3

- 5 TOs

- 9 Sacks

- 604 Passing Yards

• Haha 1

Defense is doing its job, as well it should given that this is Hawaii.  DBs are holding up relatively well, that's decent progress for that position group.

On offense I feel like it's still...off.  I know they've scored 34 points relatively easily but given the caliber of opponent this should be expected.  I can't quite put my finger on it yet but based on what I'm seeing it looks like the OL still needs more time to gel and Will Stein is still finding his footing with playcalling this offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice to see TT looking comfortable, maybe it's the untucked jersey!🤣🤣 Bummed to see the penalty.  Killed the drive.  Ready to see his next series.

I hope Lanning continues to let the players have fun with shout!!  Big ol fat dudes laying on the ground with big smiles on their faces!!  Let kids be kids!!