1Ducker1

I Am Not Afraid of Colorado, Are YOU?

After watching the Buffs game vs CSU I don't see any real threat to the Ducks especially at Autzen. 

What says you?

We should dominate line of scrimmage.

If we can control penalties, this game shouldn't be close.

CU may get some points, but the D will prevail and show up big time.

Don't under estimate them though. They are all solid D1 players. Our guys just need to show the "Oregon standard" as Lanning calls it.

It will be over by the 4th quarter. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

3rd Quarter will be the turning point IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

After watching the Buffs game vs CSU I don't see any real threat to the Ducks especially at Autzen. 

What says you?

Afraid?  No. But I respect any team ranked in the top 25; especially, an undefeated team that can make the comeback it did last night down one of the best players in CFB.

If you disrespect any opponent they can defeat you. And CU has one of the best pass games in CFB and a terrific OC.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

They have G5 size, CSU looked much bigger than them actually. 

They don't have much depth.

They do have speed and make the most of whatever abilities they do have.

I could see them giving us fits, and giving us a scare, odds of losing are not zero, but pretty low though. The current line above 15 points sounds about right.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:51 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Afraid?  No. But I respect any team ranked in the top 25; especially, an undefeated team that can make the comeback it did last night down one of the best players in CFB.

If you disrespect any opponent they can defeat you. And CU has one of the best pass games in CFB and a terrific OC.

Should be a great game until the Ducks depth wears them out.

• Let’s hope! 1

After watching a low end Mountain West team push around Colorado's OL and DL all night I'm not concerned. Oregon's linemen are going to have a field day next weekend 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, DanLduck said:

We should dominate line of scrimmage.

If we can control penalties, this game shouldn't be close.

CU may get some points, but the D will prevail and show up big time.

Don't under estimate them though. They are all solid D1 players. Our guys just need to show the "Oregon standard" as Lanning calls it.

It will be over by the 4th quarter. 

On paper, you are correct.

On paper.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope Coach Ultra can out-scheme Coach Prime.

Bottom line - don't underestimate the Buffs. As the old saying goes, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Coach Prime is a master of hyping up his team.

We want OBD to be the big dogs - both is size and fight.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally think the Ducks are a much more talented and deeper team than CSU, but hey what do I know?

It was a great game Saturday night. I thought Colorado was gonna boat race Colorado State. TBH, who has Colorado beaten that is a legitimate threat? TCU? They beat Michigan in the playoffs, got a lot of breaks to get there. They were no match against Georgia though, that looked like a low level G5 school against Georgia. It wasn't like TCU wasn't given a blueprint how to beat Georgia either. They just didn't have the dudes that Ohio State did.

Nebraska? Have we not seen what Nebraska looks like against not even teams like Ohio State, but Wisconsin? I hardly call that impressive. Then we have a Colorado State team with a loss already, not many P5 guys on that roster. Also it was a primetime game on ABC at home, and coach prime was "motivated". 

Colorado is 3-0, most likely saw a 2-1 start. So they're ahead of schedule, but they're about to hit the meat of their schedule. Oregon State, Washington State, Utah, USC, Oregon, and Washington have all looked more impressive to me. I wouldn't look past Colorado, they have speed. But they will get worn down against bigger teams with just as much speed, if not more.

Still a good job of coach prime imo. He's made Colorado relevant, excited to see what he does in the coming years if he stays in Boulder. I can see him leaving for a few jobs. I don't see many of them opening up anytime soon though. Maybe Michigan State, maybe.

• Applause 1

Beat them on the Field, do not take them lightly.  Any Day an Underdog can beat you.  Ask Michigan, Tennessee, USC and finally Ohio State.  Been there done that, took Chip Kelly and Crew to change that and get us a Reservation at two Natties.  Miss the Cheese to our Nacho's, Uncle Cliffy do not smoke it all.  Keep the focus on the ball, till the Job is Done.

• Applause 1

Coach Lanning will stress the "opportunity" presented to play Colorado, a team all of America seems to be following.  Coach Sanders will find some way to make it "us against the world" but specifically "us against Oregon this week" motivating his team.  Motivation can take a talented team a long ways - but only so far.

If Oregon plays up to its potential, can avoid getting caught up in all the hype, control their intensity and stop committing penalties I really don't see Colorado winning this game.  I think it would take a real sub-par performance and a series of errors & mistakes for Oregon to lose this one.  

That said, I'm not going to join in Charles' score pick this weekend.  Because I really don't have a good handle on how these two teams match up.  I will just sit back and enjoy the game - hoping the Ducks put forth their best effort this season.  That should be more than enough.

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have watched parts of all 3 of their games. I think they looked very well prepared in the first 2, against opponents that really did not seem perfectly prepared. 

Against CSU the biggest thing I saw consistently was that CSU made a large number of pass receptions to very well covered receivers. I have been impressed with Colorados pass coverage, but having said that- to me the CSU receivers looked very slow afoot. I think Oregon may break a few with the tight coverages and more good receivers. 

I dont think Colorado wins that game if CSU had stuck with the defense they played the entire game instead of going to an extremely soft zone, on the 98 yard drive that gave up huge chunks on every play. I believe the pass rusher Colorado could not handle (Kamala?) got booted for targeting and the pass rush wasn't the same. Oregons pass rush should get to the Quarterback but needs to wrap up when they get there.

I am certainly no expert but its why I respect Colorado, but believe the Ducks should handle them if they play well.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1