kirklandduck

Dillingham is Snakebit This Season!

Jeeeeeeez....

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Arizona State is dealing with a devastating amount of injuries at the quarterback spot.

Reporting to Michael (EAT) Crow and Ray (I'm hiring old friend Herm and changing the paradigm of CFB) Anderson, Dilly was hosed before pitching his tent in Tempe.

These 2 buffoons surrendered a 2023 potential bowl game without consulting Dilly or the team: at least the team leadership group and HC should have been consulted, no?

I think this great OC went to his dream job and found a nightmare instead. 

Everyone in life, maybe not Bill Gates and Jeffery Bezos, reports to someone. I think Dilly made an impassioned, young man's mistake and I truly feel for him.

Fresno State is a sound football team, but damn ASU 29-0?

• Yikes! 1

I just feel like this whole situation was pretty obvious from the start, I know he's from Phoenix, I know he had deep connections to ASU, but it always seemed like a bad idea to jump into the realm of head coaching at that place.  Seems like he could have stayed at Oregon for another year or two and then have a much bigger selection of jobs.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow. Coach Dilly is really faced with a tough situation.  

Reminds us how much depends on things outside the control of the coaches in regard to the entire team.  We should be so thankful that O's season so far has been a pretty healthy one so far.  I hope the Sun Devils get healthy soon and we can see what our former O.C. can get done at his old school.  Good luck, coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:33 AM, spartan2785 said:

Seems like he could have stayed at Oregon for another year or two and then have a much bigger selection of jobs.

I'd have liked to see him stay a little longer too.  But ASU was his Alma Mater and it may have been his "dream" job just like Mario's.

Nothing worth having is easy, this job must truly be his dream job. All the best to Dilly going forward as he must have know this wasn't going to be easy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

At some point coincidence can become a pattern.

Is the O line bad? Is the strength and conditioning coach bad? Are there issues with communication and teamwork?

• Applause 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:37 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

Is the O line bad? Is the strength and conditioning coach bad? 

Two good questions.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Doctor, Yes, and Yes! 

Also, the mascot's uniform needs to visit the dry cleaner, the training table food is old, moldy, and cold, the 'Get Forked' sign perfectly resembles the program's trajectory, and the support from the fans and the ASU 'leadership' is Vapid. 

This 'Sleeping Giant' has been napping longer than Rip van W. Tempe is the location of a non-interstellar CFB Black Hole. 

And yet, didn't these guys prevent Oregon from making a Final 4? If it can be turned around, Dilly will turn it around.

• Haha 1