Solar

More PAC12 Incompetence: They Didn't Add Commercials...

I noticed watching the games on the PAC12 Network that they aren't running as long as the games on the major networks.

The reasonable explanation is they didn't add more in-game commercials to make up for the shorter play time like every other network did.

So they just let a golden opportunity pass by to increase revenue for the programs.

Another sign of incompetence, or maybe they just don't care anymore and would rather just watch the games? lol

(Don't be too hard on me, this is a little tongue in cheek.)

Replays and angles, missed giving you different looks, commentary.  No story telling, is what I noticed.  To me that is less production and camera talent than the BIG BOYS.  I would imagine that it is part of the issue with building the Infrastructure of a Network, the talent, the crew the equipment then the Marketing.  Larry had NO idea or game plan.  But now it is on the new guy to figure out, how do I build it with TWO.  Adam and Eve it brother. . .  What have you got to lose after you have already lost Ten to the B1Ger Ten.  "Build it and they will come" would that not be fun?

On 9/21/2023 at 3:11 PM, Solar said:

The reasonable explanation is they didn't add more in-game commercials to make up for the shorter play time like every other network did.

I think they would have if advertisers were available.  

It also says a lot when Jockey is the clothing sponsor for the crew.

• Haha 2

Guess it's lucky the camera generally shows the crew from the waste up!

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Replays and angles, missed giving you different looks, commentary.  No story telling, is what I noticed.

The coverage we receive beginning next year is going to be so much fun....although I cannot complain about THIS Saturday!

Mr. FishDuck

I feel it is worse this year for the Pac-12 network than in the past. In the past I have been pleased enough with the football broadcasting. It may not have been better than a game at prime time but it was certainly better than a game on FS1 or ESPN starting at 7pm. Those games looked awful and had crews who didn't seem to know a thing about the teams.

But this year it feels more bare-bones... like maybe no one invested in the things needed to up the production value as this network is effectively dead at the end of the season. Let's get real OSU+WSU+MWC aren't going to be able to afford to elevate this network.

• Thumbs Up 1

They having a Cleaning Pac-12 Clearance Sale, by the Time we get to the end of the Regular Season, somebody going to be recording video from a smart phone and posting on X.  Do not mess with the peeps minding X or you find yourself Blocked or told to go to Tik Tok for updated score.

When does the league office furniture hit Craig’s list?

• Haha 1

With the demise of the Pac-12 Network I wonder what Sling Orange is gonna replace it with.  It's almost the only reason to stream it.

• Applause 1