FishDuck Article

Louis Vuitton Not Good Enough For Oregon

The Oregon Ducks are, mercifully, 4-0 through the first third of the season. Unlike 2022, where the Ducks lost by 46 to UGA to start the season, 2023 has seen one tough road game and three blow outs at home for Oregon. Their most recent victim? Colorado. The Buffs, much to the pleasure of many college football fans, have their ...

FISHDUCK.COM

The Oregon Ducks are, mercifully, 4-0 through the first third of the season. Unlike 2022, where the Ducks lost by 46 to UGA to start the season…

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Before you post a response--be sure to read the Pinned Post at the top of the forum about our new policy concerning Coach Sanders and Colorado...

Mr. FishDuck

No comment 🤐

• Thumbs Up 1

It is clear that Colorado has a long way to go to compete at the highest level.

I have to think that other coaching staffs will review this film before playing Colorado. I know that I would not enjoy watching my son get pummeled like this week after week. 

Unless Colorado coaches do something different their QB will not last an entire season. 

Great article. An alternative title could’ve read “Buffs Brought Receipts, But Ducks Weren’t Accepting Returns”. 

Anyway, it was a good performance. I wish Hunter could’ve played, but truth be told, it wouldn’t have mattered. Their players were outplayed and their entire coaching staff was out-coached. 

This has nothing to do with any individual coach. If you watch the game and analyze the situational play calls on both sides of the ball you will see that Oregon completely out-schemed them. They were chasing the entire game. 

My only critique would be the penalties. They would have killed a couple of scoring drives against better competition. I also hope DL doesn’t get too used to fake punts inside our own 20. 

There is a reason the BCS rankings don't come out until the latter part of next month, nobody really knows who is the real deal until then. Oregon is looking like the real deal, Colorado was exposed.

We will play the dawgs in Seattle before those rankings come out and one of the teams could come out as exposed then too. 

If the season was like watching a house being built, we would just be seeing the foundation being put in right now. The walls will start going up when we play up north. At that point we can begin to imagine just what this team looks like. We then play in Utah and that will be when the windows get put into the house, and we can begin to see the view from this years team.

That view from the house being built will then be quite beautiful, but the trojan game will either obscure the view or allow for an unfettered look at the end goal, or an obscured view of that road ahead. 

Basically this team is living up to the blueprint the Oregon faithful has come to expect with the added addition of a formidable defense. The offense is looking like it just might be lights out for most teams. The defense too is starting to look like the chaos Lanning has described with the 7 sacks we just saw. We have a team, that plays an Oregon brand of offense, a Lanning defense, and a special teams you better watch out for!

• Thumbs Up 1