NJDuck

Over 12 Million People Watched Oregon Ducks Beat Colorado, Largest TV Audience of 2023 College Football Season

The largest television audience thus far in the 2023 college football season watched Oregon demolish Colorado.

The Ducks’ 42-6 win averaged 10.4 million viewers and peaked at 12.6 million, according to ESPN, which uses Nielsen ratings. Sports Media Watch reported the game’s audience was 10.03 million viewers with a 5.2 rating, narrowly ahead of the Ohio State-Notre Dame game (9.98 million, 5.1 rating), which NBC claims had over 600,000 streaming viewers for a total viewership of 10.59 million.

It was the largest television audience for an Oregon game since the 2020 Rose Bowl (16.3 million).

It was the largest audience for a Pac-12 conference game since 2006 as well as the most-watched regular-season game on ABC since Notre Dame-Ohio State on the opening weekend of last season (10.53 million) and the network’s most-watched afternoon game since Michigan-Ohio State in 2016 (16.84 million), according to Sports Media Watch.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Ducks’ 42-6 win averaged 10.4 million viewers and peaked at 12.6 million, according to ESPN

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is just super but come Saturday, we are back to the PAC 12 Network where we will have maybe 987 viewers. I read an article in the San Francisco Chronicle within the past 10 days that suggested that Stanford should drop football. I often go to this matchup in Palo Alto but cannot this week. Often it seems that Oregon has more fans and is certainly louder than Stanford.

Edited by Santa Rosa Duck

Agreed. Oregon will have 2/3 of the stadium behind them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Colorado didn’t show up, does that mean that 10M viewers tuned in for Oregon?!

This is going to be good for recruiting. Oregon played a perfect half of football in front of 12.6 million people!

• Applause 1

WOW! Thank you Prime Time! Last season this game would have kicked off at 10:30 Eastern on the Network no one can find.

Ohio State and Notre Dame, please take a back seat. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:56 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

That is just super but come Saturday, we are back to the PAC 12 Network where we will have maybe 987 viewers. I read an article in the San Francisco Chronicle within the past 10 days that suggested that Stanford should drop football. I often go to this matchup in Palo Alto but cannot this week. Often it seems that Oregon has more fans and is certainly louder than Stanford.

987? 2 more people signed up? Kidding! Love the comment.

Stanford drop football? If a Tree falls in the forest ...

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Jon Joseph said:

987? 2 more people signed up? Kidding! Love the comment.

Stanford drop football? If a Tree falls in the forest ...

Buck it and throw it on a truck

• Haha 2

I was thinking of going to the game this Saturday, so I checked to see what tix were going for the AZ game, $4 on resale market meaning the junk fees were more than the tix.  

So, I think I'll wait till Friday when I guess they will pay us to go.  I got dibs on section 22 to myself!

• Haha 1