Augduck

Remember When There Were Rumors of PJ Fleck Wanting the UO Job???

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/demand-grows-college-football-coach-firing-pj-fleck-minnesota-golden-gophers

Glad he was not hired.   If memory serves me right his name was bandied about after the MH firing.  

Glad he isn't rowing our boat.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Give the guy his props. The Row the Boat guys did defeat Louisiana State (er, Monroe) on Saturday. 

Minny has a shot to win a bad B1G West Division. But drawing both Michigan, at Minn this Saturday and Ohio State in Columbus from the B1G E is tough.

To be fair, we'll really never know how he would've done at Oregon given the incredible resources accessible to him here.  Those resources allowed Mario to overperform despite his lack of X's and O's knowledge.  P.J. might have experienced the same in Eugene.

Minnesota should be grateful he came there. They are 4-0 in bowl games since he arrived. They were 3-7 before that and seldom went to a bowl game.

I would say the Gopher fans are the ones in trouble. If they run PJ out of town who will replace him?

Build the program and go with the ups and downs. You have a good coach.

As far as at Oregon, who knows, but PJ is a damn good coach and won't have to look too long for a better job if fired.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the issues at Mn are deeper than the HC.  But this sort of thing always happens when a season doesn't start out well.

Thank you PJ for Bucky Irving.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, HDuck said:

Thank you PJ for Bucky Irving.

Beat me to it... 

The first game I saw Bucky Irving was against Ohio State and the dude was shredding them. 

A week later it was CJ Verdell shredding the Ohio State defense. 

Bucky was an incredible talent that slipped away from them. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1