chrisjenn99

Dan Lanning UNFILTERED:

Came across this on YouTube tonight:

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 4
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 2

This is a recommended watch. Don't let the long ads scare you off in the beginning. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I fast forwarded through the intro... there are at least some time stamps on YouTube. 

This is a must watch.

Dan is just so real and authentic.  I can't think of an Oregon coach in recent times who even comes close. It's clear he does not have to be the smartest man in the room. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

How can anyone not like this guy? We are lucky to have DL! And hopefully he will call Eugene home for a long time. 

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dan made a very interesting comment in the beginning when he addressed the issue about being as young as he is/was when he got the job .   I heard it but then went back and listened again.   It's telling.

Don't want to spoil for others so will wait till a few more people weigh in after watching it.

• Applause 1

Definitely a telling comment, eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Something that recruits and their families need to watch if they want to know Lanning and Oregon.

He says all the right things, checks all the boxes, and is the real deal.

I don't care if he stumbles, trips up, he is my Oregon Head Football Coach, Leader of our Program, as long as he is willing!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

What a great guy. Any kid should feel lucky to play for him. Gotta love the old sclassic Nike Leather Cortez sneakers!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is one of the best interviews of him--and provides more insight.  I agree with the above--all parents of recruits and fans should hear this interview.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I hope DL stays longer than Rich Brooks!

I’ve been a huge Dan Lanning fan since his time with UGA.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching this interview and it absolutely strengthens my opinion that he will be a great coach for Oregon.  You folks won the lottery in my opinion with this guy.  The sky is the limit!!!  No doubt that CDL is the real deal!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, SoGaDawg said:

You folks won the lottery in my opinion with this guy.

That is how I feel, and to me....this hire was the most important thing Rob Mullens ever did.  If he did nothing more--he's done enough hiring Lanning and signing him to a long contract.

This feels like it will be a happy arrangement for all parties...

Rob Mullens_ESPN Video.jpg

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

I admit I wasnt on the DL train at first and last year was down on the Beavis game. Charles asked me to curtail my comments after that game--- However Im now all on board with the Lanning express. Awesome hire for Duck nation!!! Innovative programs need younger innovative minds and Lanning will always be innovative.

On 10/7/2023 at 11:02 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

I admit I wasn't on the DL train at first and last year was down on the Beavis game. Charles asked me to curtail my comments after that game--- However Im now all on board with the Lanning express. Awesome hire for Duck nation!!! Innovative programs need younger innovative minds and Lanning will always be innovative.

You are a good sport, and a great fan!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck