Joe F

Oops, Mari (no O) Has Done it Again

FISHDUCK.COM

Mario Cristobal will be Oregon's head coach in 2022. The only way this doesn't happen is if he opts to leave...

Felt like I needed to bring up this again... Cristobal is a pro in the off season and gets fans super excited. 

But once the season rolls around fans get what they get. 

It's kinda funny... I think fans have more fun in the off season with Cristobal as their coach than during the season itself. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:34 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Every season that Mario screws up like this the Ducks beat Washington in that same season. 

From your lips to the good Lord's ears!

Edited by GangGreen2
  • Go Ducks! 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:36 AM, Darren Perkins said:

Hurricane's new offensive analyst ....

Screenshot_20231009_082832_Chrome.jpg.5f1983fe63fd1d9493389644617d8de2.jpg

I think this guy fits his staff’s culture a little better.

IMG_2991.webp

On 10/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, cartm25 said:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Dumb and Dumber evidently are Georgia Tech fans.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, cartm25 said:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

image.png.4b19223a9af58b1415bbfb8eac393045.png    to   image.png.dbf3cd812eda7f94619c7038439d3a5e.png

Interesting. So the analytics only gave a .1% chance of the head coach being foolish enough to run the ball instead of going into a victory formation.

Cristobal is a 1 in 1000 coach. That's what the analytics are saying. Who am I to argue with them?

• Haha 4

I was out on him before he coached the first regular season game at Oregon.  The young guys begged for him to come on board and then he promptly coached them to a sucky showing in the bowl game.  

On 10/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, Utki said:

I was out on him before he coached the first regular season game at Oregon.  The young guys begged for him to come on board and then he promptly coached them to a sucky showing in the bowl game.  

In fairness those type of games are always a mess.

It was right before the first early signing period as well so you can guarantee that whatever staff was staying at Oregon was more focused on trying to save the recruiting class than prep for a bowl game that wasn't terribly good. 

Freeman also sat out of that bowl game too which didn't help matters. 

I think those bowl games are a freebie for any coach taking over. I mean Oregon did just as poorly against Oklahoma in the Alamo Bowl when Cristobal left. Granted no one on staff was going to be the next head coach but there was still plenty of talented coaches on that staff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The 10 stupidest decisions college football coaches have made in 2023

We’re all experts.

There’s no way we would have handed off instead of taking a knee, or given up a game-winning TD with 10 men on the field, or given up a TD with 13 players on the field, or gone for it on 4th-and-32 with 3 timeouts left. Or … well, you get the point.

Leave those boneheaded decisions to the men who are paid millions to know more about football than anybody else.

Halfway through the 2023 season, we’ve already seen myriad examples of unthinkably bad coaching decisions.

For brevity’s sake, we narrowed this to the worst 10...thus far...

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Mario Cristobal's decision not to kneel was bad, really bad ... but it's hardly the only blunder coaches have made this season.

• Haha 1

I just listened to a yahoo podcast that they stated a new nickname for Mari . . . Mario Justkneelthebol.

And likened it to blackjack and hitting on 21!

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1