Pennsylvania Duck

Updated AP Top 25, Coaches Poll Rankings for Week 9

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

Penn State and UNC fell down the wayside with defeats during Week 8, while teams like Ohio State and Florida State cemented...

Week 9. Only 2 Top 25 vs. Top 25 games.

20. Duke at 18. Louisville and the weekend headliner, 9. OREGON at 13. Utah. On Big Fox at 3:30. 

Meanwhile, 5 (?) UW is shuffled off to FS1 for the second week in a row. Probably a good thing for Harry the Husky that no one was up late enough to watch UW stumble and bumble its way to a win.

6. Pac-12 teams ranked with UCLA moving up to 23. and USC hanging in at 24.

Someone, please explain to me why 11. Oregon State with 2 top-25 wins is behind 10. Penn State?

Penn State has zero top-25 wins and was found floating face down on the 50-yard line in Columbus.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oregon jumps up one spot in AP Poll following home victory over Washington State

247SPORTS.COM

Find out where the Ducks and other Pac-12 teams rank below.

Sure hope we reach the Pac 12 Championship but with Utah, USC and Oregon State coming up, this will be a difficult road. GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1

As long as OBD wins out, they'll make it into the CFP. 🤞

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2023 at 3:17 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Week 9. Only 2 Top 25 vs. Top 25 games.

20. Duke at 18. Louisville and the weekend headliner, 9. OREGON at 13. Utah. On Big Fox at 3:30. 

Meanwhile, 5 (?) UW is shuffled off to FS1 for the second week in a row. Probably a good thing for Harry the Husky that no one was up late enough to watch UW stumble and bumble its way to a win.

6. Pac-12 teams ranked with UCLA moving up to 23. and USC hanging in at 24.

Someone, please explain to me why 11. Oregon State with 2 top-25 wins is behind 10. Penn State?

Penn State has zero top-25 wins and was found floating face down on the 50-yard line in Columbus.

Whoops! That's 8 Oregon.

Tte road nap for Oregon is the same as every other team in front of them.... Just win. 

Win and they'll be in.

It's simple... But incredibly difficult to pull off week to week. 

I'm not worried right now. 

• Applause 1

This week's pretend 2024 Playoff field - Week 9 AP rankings, accounting for conference realignment, and a 5 conference champ 7 at large format.

Playoff seeding due to 4 highest ranked champs being seeded 1 - 4 does not necessarily match AP rankings.

1. Georgia - SEC vs. 9 OREGON at 8. Texas

2. Michigan - B1G vs. 10. Alabama at 7. Oklahoma

3. FSU - ACC vs. 11. Penn State at 6. Washington

4. Oregon State - MW vs. 12. Utah - B12 at 5. Ohio State.

5 B1G/ 4 SEC /1 ACC, B12, MW.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Power 2. And no, Virginia, you are not a member. (But one heck of a win at UNC!)

Is it wrong that seeing OSU get a first round bye as MW champions makes me very happy?!

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 2:38 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm not worried right now. 

Me neither.  Until Saturday!

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/22/2023 at 3:29 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Is it wrong that seeing OSU get a first round bye as MW champions makes me very happy?!

It certainly is not.  Especially when you made me laugh-out-loud.

Love you guys...

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

U$C #24 and tanking.

I was hoping they would be higher ranked (still might) when they come to Eugene for their next loss.  But Utah winning that game doesn't hurt us because they moved up a bit to #13 for next week's showdown.  It'll be a tough slog in the mile high desert next Saturday but beating a ranked team helps the ducks even more.  

OSU is the dark horse and if they can keep it up (they'll have to beat UW) it should be a great opportunity for Oregon to beat another ranked team. 

Doctor, the beavers may be too busy paying lawyers to make the smart decision.

But why go earn playoff money when you can rip off playoff money earned by other teams?