Babyjesus615

Jackson Powers-Johnson Is Already An Elite Center

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Jackson Powers-Johnson has allowed just one quarterback pressure and one hurry in 256 opportunities and leads No. 8 Oregon with 23 knockdowns entering this week’s game at No. 13...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The most important part of all plays is the Center/QB exchange  and QB exchange has been phenomanal this year.

JPJ not only starts the play, he is often pulling and leading his back down field. His Superman was epic. Only thing missing was the cape.

The question is whether he stays for his senior year. Will Division Street open the checkbook? JPJ is an absolute Dude, his importance to the team is on par with anyone, with the only exception being Nix.

Hope he gets a fat check, he has earned it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, Log Haulin said:

The question is whether he stays for his senior year.

When you are one of the top-rated offensive linemen in the nation...you are almost crazy to stay.  While I would love it, I am realistic.  

He Gone...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, Log Haulin said:

The most important part of all plays is the Center/QB exchange  and QB exchange has been phenomanal this year.

JPJ not only starts the play, he is often pulling and leading his back down field. His Superman was epic. Only thing missing was the cape.

The question is whether he stays for his senior year. Will Division Street open the checkbook? JPJ is an absolute Dude, his importance to the team is on par with anyone, with the only exception being Nix.

Hope he gets a fat check, he has earned it.

NIL has afforded many college athletes a reason to stick around and get their degree and play out their eligibility. If  JPJ can make more money his Senior year than he could in the NFL then he should stick around. He’s popular locally, but not a national brand like Shedeur or Caleb. Most O-Linemen will never be nationally known unless their brother starts dating the world’s biggest pop star.

It depends on which round he is drafted in and what his guaranteed money is. He also has to look at the possibility of getting drafted higher the following season.

On 10/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, Charles Fischer said:

When you are one of the top-rated offensive linemen in the nation...you are almost crazy to stay.  While I would love it, I am realistic.  

He Gone...

giphy.gif

Some of the mock drafts have him late rouds and UDFA. Lot of football to be played though. 

On 10/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, Log Haulin said:

Some of the mock drafts have him late rounds and UDFA. Lot of football to be played though. 

If that happens...then YES!  Pay him the NIL and secure next year's line!  (Great research, Log Haulin--thanks!)

Mr. FishDuck

I think he definitely sticks around.  He seems to love the college experience. 

Like I said before the season, I think he is a marketing genius.  Big smiles in every camera shot, great sense of humor from what I've seen, always the first guy down to celebrate TDs if possible.  He's going to be a huge factor this weekend in his home state!

Thinking he'll have a career and after NFL life like Geoff Swartz.

Edited by candyduck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If that happens...then YES!  Pay him the NIL and secure next year's line!  (Great research, Log Haulin--thanks!)

He played right guard last year and has been a great C this year. Still a lot of football left in 23. Who knows how far he can climb. Versatile across the interior can only help.

JPJ was a 4* coming out of high school. He has lived up to his star ranking. I think he still has another level.

Terry has shown to be a great teacher and coach at such a young age, JPJ will only benifit with another year under Terry.

🤞🤞🤞

Pay him some money and the insurance in case he gets hurt.

It would seem paying these guys insurance to make sure they are covered in case of injury would be pretty compelling for guys who want the degree, love college ball, make a decent amount in NIL.

Also in Pickard next in line? Center is so important I hope the next guy up is ready to go!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:35 AM, Haywarduck said:

Also in Pickard next in line? Center is so important I hope the next guy up is ready to go!

I hope JPJ returns. If not, I think the most likely plan would be for Iapani “Poncho” Laloulu to take over.

• Thumbs Up 1