FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Score Predictions vs Utah

Our Oregon Ducks football program has a big game this weekend, and we’ve seen score predictions all over the map. Most hover around a seven-point margin, as the Ducks currently sit at a six-and-a-half-point favorite in the Utes building. Utah’s defense is extremely hot after beating USC on the road, and even after letting up 31 points, they’re poised to ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program has a big game this weekend, and we've seen score predictions all over the map. Most hover around...
  • Thanks 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I think Ducks come ready to play. Much like they did v. Fusky. Utah offense isn't good despite the mirage of being 6-1. The UU D is very good though, however the Duck O will play their best game of the season whether the statistical results show or not.

Haven't pinned it down yet, I will do that for the prediction contest. But I am in the ballpark of Ducks winning 32-13/35-17. Somewhere in that range. 

CAUTION: I am 0-20 in the prediction contest. So you might not want to listen to me.

I'm with you Alex and Haulin, 10/11+.  Heavy on the +.

Utah has given up, like 105 points in 7 games. Thats pretty stout. They have only played 1 high scoring machine and they surrendered 32 points to usc.

Victories over Florida and Baylor boosted their national perception. However Florida will be 4-3 on the season after they play the Real Dawgs and Baylor is 3-4. 

That trojan game was a road game against a team that plays very little defense. When they went on the road to Corvallis the Beavers held them to 7 points. Beavus has a solid D and stymied the Utes at every turn.

Ask your self these questions: is Oregon's defense more like the Beavers or Trojans?  Is Oregons offense more high scoring like the trojans?

Utah will have to deal with a balanced, high scoring Duck offense and a nasty D that will shut down the Utes running game. Make the Utes one dimensional and sacks and interceptions should follow.

This game should be 41- 17 Ducks!

Now comes the howevers.

The Duck O must play smart, efficient and clean. Only penalties have stopped Duck Drives. All game at TT, first half at Stanford and some decision making at uw.

Notice the key component "At".

We will be AT Utah. At Rice Eccles and against the most experienced coach on the west side of the country.

I expect some of the Ducks will be anxious, nervous and make some critical mistakes. Mistakes that take points off the board.

I like as mentioned above a 11 point Duck win. 28-17.

Doesnt have to be this close but it will be.

Go Ducks .......anything less than making and winning the PAC title game will be a ley down.. ..

• Let’s hope! 1

23-16 Ducks win.   And this is the game where Lanning calls for a FG when its 4th and goal from the 3.

• Let’s hope! 1

32-13 Ducks. I think the hog farmer gets his bacon burned. 

I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. I too believe that our favorite team will emerge victorious on Saturday. However I have a different feeling about the score.

I have the sense that making a statement win slipped through their fingers with the puppies and the kitties didn't offer the level of redemption they desire.

I also believe this will be a fist fight for much of the first half. But the ducks will flex their muscles and will win in a dominant fashion. 42-14 

Go Ducks!

Remember to all....these predictions do not count for the prediction contest in the pinned post at the top.  The reason is because I need all the tiebreaker information, and it needs to be in that thread.  I do not have time to track down all predictions in other threads, thus only the contest thread counts.

Thanks for understanding.

Love this view_Screenshot from ESPN Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Guessing the score is like guess the 3rd down and 4th down conversion percentage for each team.

I'll take optimistic route that Klein has added a few new no-brainer short yardage plays, like simple slants and our conversion rate is over 50%, and that our DL wins some battles keeping Utah a few conversions short at less than 50% like Washington State.

Their will be some explosive plays on both sides, but not enough to dictate overall success.

Final score:

Oregon 34

Utah 30

The difference being we get one touchdown where they settle for a field goal. I am also assuming Lewis misses 1 field goal, because we will definitely outgain them in yardage.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:07 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Utah has given up, like 105 points in 7 games. Thats pretty stout. They have only played 1 high scoring machine and they surrendered 32 points to usc.

Victories over Florida and Baylor boosted their national perception. However Florida will be 4-3 on the season after they play the Real Dawgs and Baylor is 3-4. 

That trojan game was a road game against a team that plays very little defense. When they went on the road to Corvallis the Beavers held them to 7 points. Beavus has a solid D and stymied the Utes at every turn.

Ask your self these questions: is Oregon's defense more like the Beavers or Trojans?  Is Oregons offense more high scoring like the trojans?

Utah will have to deal with a balanced, high scoring Duck offense and a nasty D that will shut down the Utes running game. Make the Utes one dimensional and sacks and interceptions should follow.

This game should be 41- 17 Ducks!

Now comes the howevers.

The Duck O must play smart, efficient and clean. Only penalties have stopped Duck Drives. All game at TT, first half at Stanford and some decision making at uw.

Notice the key component "At".

We will be AT Utah. At Rice Eccles and against the most experienced coach on the west side of the country.

I expect some of the Ducks will be anxious, nervous and make some critical mistakes. Mistakes that take points off the board.

I like as mentioned above a 11 point Duck win. 28-17.

Doesnt have to be this close but it will be.

Go Ducks .......anything less than making and winning the PAC title game will be a ley down.. ..

I agree with much of your logic, but we are #1 in YPG in the country. If we are held to a lower score it's likely because we have to settle for a bunch of field goals. 28 pts implies 4 touchdowns and no field goals. Not possible unless you assume Lewis misses every field goal try.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

At this point, I'd say UO's biggest key to victory is that they have become more Utah than Utah. They pretty much own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball against everybody AND the Ducks take D about as serious as anybody.

Since Lanning's 0% chance of victory game against UGA, the only way the Ducks have lost is through bad outcomes on bad gambles. When Lanning puts away the checkerboard and starts playing poker, the Ducks will become a top two or three ranked mainstay.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1