Charles Fischer

Should Bryce Boettcher Focus on Football?

Look at him....doesn't he look more like a stud linebacker than Baseball player?

Mr. FishDuck

Although....

Mr. FishDuck

Yet....a big sack.

Boettcher Sack_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Pretty cool for a one of own in Eugene...

Bryce Boettcher_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

It seems his snap count has been dropping lately though.  Even more now that Jacobs is back.  I think he's a great backup, but he should probably stay focused on Baseball.

I have no idea if he has any sort of shot at being a professional baseball player or not.  I don't pay close enough attention to that. Whichever sport provides him the best shot at earning money (if any) should probably be the one he focuses on. If neither do, then he should just do whatever he feels like. Selfishly, I care a lot more about football than baseball, so I wouldn't mind him focusing on football full time.  If nothing else, he seems to have the tools to be a potentially elite special teams player, on all the units.

Although baseball can be a grind, getting drafted in the nfl is tough business. Hope he finds his nitch whichever it may be. But if you you can hit a 95 mile per hour fast ball that is darting all over the place do it. Being good 1/3 of the time will make you tons of money in MLB.

Absolutely not!

He is 1 of 15 college kids in America. 

Pretty elite company.

If he can do it, he should continue. 

Making pro in any sport is a long shot.

Few do it. He should enjoy the ride as long as possible. 

Perhaps being a 2 sport kid enhances his NIL opportunities. Also, he is a walk on football dude. The only $$ help for school is his baseball schollie.

If he gets a full ride, and coaches ask him to, I could see him giving up bball.

Until then, keep it going.

On 10/28/2023 at 11:36 AM, DanLduck said:

Perhaps being a 2 sport kid enhances his NIL opportunities. Also, he is a walk on football dude. The only $$ help for school is his baseball schollie.

If he gets a full ride, and coaches ask him to, I could see him giving up bball.

Until then, keep it going.

I could be wrong but I believe that any multi-sport athlete that plays football, counts against the 85 football scholarship limit.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:33 PM, OregonDucks said:

I could be wrong but I believe that any multi-sport athlete that plays football, counts against the 85 football scholarship limit.

He's on a ball schollie, doesn't count towards 85 football. In football he is walking. Just like that kid from track team.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:09 PM, chrisjenn99 said:

It seems his snap count has been dropping lately though.  Even more now that Jacobs is back.  I think he's a great backup, but he should probably stay focused on Baseball.

Agree…….and Baseball is a helluva lot safer.