Charles Fischer

Sensational, Startling, Stats of Our Beloved Ducks

As Oregon Media Credentialed--I get a stat pack at the end of games.  Sometimes I have the time to share, and here are some dandies to ponder...

--This was Oregon's 700th win in the 100+ year history.

--The Ducks are No. 1 in the nation for turnovers lost.  (Only two, even with the Bucky's first fumble)

--Think of it...Oregon has scored at least 35 points in ALL EIGHT games this season.

--Scored touchdowns in all five red-zone appearances versus Utah.

--Did not allow a single sack? Especially against Ellis, the top sack-master in the nation?

Holding Dorlus_Eric Evans of Oregon Football.jpg

Holding Brandon Dorlus was the only way to stop him...

--Fourth game this season holding an opponent below 10 points(Wowsa)

--Held Utah to just 28 yards rushing in the first half?  (Whew!)

--Omigosh. The sixth straight game holding an opponent under 100 yards rushing? (Good Gosh!)

--The Oregon offense averaged 6.7 yards per play on the Utah defense?

--Jordan James averaged 7.6 yards per carry versus Utah?  (Whoa)

--Oregon is scoring an average of 45.5 points per game and only giving up 15.6 points per game. (My goals for the season are 40 ppg, and 20 ppg, and we can do it!)

--The 2023 offensive line is averaging 215 yards per game rushing. (Love it!)

--Our average punt is 46.5 yards? (Holy Crap!)

--Oregon's 3rd down conversion has improved to 53%.

These stats above confirm the obvious; this is a special year.  Soak it up my Duck-Buddies, and savor it.

Traeshon Holden scores_Eric Evans of Oregon Football.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Salute 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

As of today, the entire college football world is on notice. The CFP cannot ignore Oregon. Ducks are a legit national title contender and Bo Nix is exactly how a Heisman winner is defined.

This Oregon team is different. You could see it v. Fusky and we saw it today. If Oregon grabs another 1% every week, Ducks just might get a title shot. They definitely look like the best team in the country, atleast today they did. 

What a great time to be a Duck

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/28/2023 at 8:21 PM, Log Haulin said:

As of today, the entire college football world is on notice. The CFP cannot ignore Oregon. Ducks are a legit national title contender and Bo Nix is exactly how a Heisman winner is defined.

This Oregon team is different. You could see it v. Fusky and we saw it today. If Oregon grabs another 1% every week, Ducks just might get a title shot. They definitely look like the best team in the country, atleast today they did. 

What a great time to be a Duck

Oddly enough in that Washington game I think Oregon would have done better if they didn't have a bye week before it.

Bye weeks are important for players' phsycal health and I wouldn't mind seeing the season start a week sooner if that meant each team got another bye.

But in terms of mental focus... bye weeks I think are a detriment. The Ducks were getting better with each week before the bye and then the loss to Washington and since that loss the Ducks have improved week on week again.

Byes are overrated.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Is it just a coincidence that we play a top-25 team, blow them out, then the win is less valuable?

3 times this season already 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Is it just a coincidence that we play a top-25 team, blow them out, then the win is less valuable?

3 times this season already 

I think it's that Oregon ruins teams. After playing the Ducks teams seem to be damaged after that. Husky keeps winning but they are not the same team. Oregon did that imo.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The players on the field know who the better team is, they live it and feel it. The mutts were very luck to win at home and it quite possibly weakened their confidence and it has showed in the last two games. 

I doubt if the mutts want to play the Ducks again in a neutral environment on a dry field, I think the players all know who the best team is.

It is also quite possible that the mutts could loose 3 games once they hit the gauntlet ahead for them.

• Like 1

I think there are teams which get up for big games, the dawgs, and there are teams which get better as the season progresses, the Ducks.

Oregon is playing teams who get up for big games, but are failing, with one exception. This is the important thing to keep in mind, Oregon has a target on its back. If a team beats Oregon, it makes their season.

Lanning's focus on improving each week and executing each play is critical. There may not be an easy game going forward. Every team we play will be laying it on the line to win, more than any game they play.

Oregon just has to focus on being their best Oregon, not an easy task. So far Lanning has them doing exactly what they need to do, stay tuned if he can keep building.

I see a huge game at the end, and it isn't just the dawgs.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/29/2023 at 8:56 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think there are teams which get up for big games, the dawgs, and there are teams which get better as the season progresses, the Ducks.

Oregon is playing teams who get up for big games, but are failing, with one exception. This is the important thing to keep in mind, Oregon has a target on its back. If a team beats Oregon, it makes their season.

Lanning's focus on improving each week and executing each play is critical. There may not be an easy game going forward. Every team we play will be laying it on the line to win, more than any game they play.

Oregon just has to focus on being their best Oregon, not an easy task. So far Lanning has them doing exactly what they need to do, stay tuned if he can keep building.

I see a huge game at the end, and it isn't just the dawgs.

Do you think this is something that has been going on for a long time, even in down years? I could be wrong but it seems Oregon always gets teams best shots. It seems that other teams have the Ducks circled on the calendar year in and year out. Other pac12 teams sure seem to like beating the Ducks.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/29/2023 at 9:07 AM, Log Haulin said:

Do you think this is something that has been going on for a long time, even in down years? I could be wrong but it seems Oregon always gets teams best shots. It seems that other teams have the Ducks circled on the calendar year in and year out. Other pac12 teams sure seem to like beating the Ducks.

I think we were also one of those teams, teams which get up for big games, and we are becoming a dominant team which just improves.

This is the one thing which s changing, and is huge, if it keeps occurring. I hope it does, and I would say is the most profound thing to understand about what Lanning is building. Another element of the culture he is creating.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1