Log Haulin

Games of Interest Chat.

Hey y'all, gotta question, what do you think of that call by K St. to go for a td and not a field goal?

Would you feel differently if Lanning made that decision?

On 11/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, DanLduck said:

Hey y'all, gotta question, what do you think of that call by K St. to go for a td and not a field goal?

For me it comes down to play selection.... 

I felt the goal series by KSU were generally underwhelming. They were basically trying to do the same things they did in the open field but with a short field and they just didn't have the space to operate. 

Running the QB against a team that had shut down the run game in a short field also felt silly... Or at least running the QB without doing anything to create space with scheme. 

They went power against a team that was beating them with power. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cowboys getting after Okie. Think they want to slap around Sooner before OK bounces to the SEC 

Okie State 14, OU 7, early second quarter 

Edited by OregonDucks

On 11/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, DanLduck said:

I think it was a good decision to go for the win, on the road, against a higher ranked opponent. 

Didn’t like the play call. OC’s need better play options with 4th and short.  Seems like you can always draw up a play to scheme someone open with multiple options. 

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

Moving this to a new thread just begun....

Mr. FishDuck