Charles Fischer

'Lupoi Should Be Fired,' and 'Stein Isn't Very Smart': Who is Embarrassed?

The word "fan" comes from the word fanatic, and at times--we all exemplify that. We react without waiting to see the final result before giving our over-the-top opinion.

We score 63 points, and now average 47 points per game, but some think Stein isn't very smart.

After Portland State scored a touchdown on their first possession....the Dark-Ducks were calling for Lupoi to be fired. The DC of one of Oregon's best defenses ever?

Now, keep in mind...none of us wear halos here, as I've been guilty of some extreme reactions in the past.  I just get a kick at how silly the recent ones look in the daylight after the games.

Don't Worry.  Be Happy....

Tez Johnson_Eric Evans of Oregon Football X.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

Dabo would call that “Tyler Talk”. For reference…

• Haha 1

Yes some of us (cough cough) were pretty hot under the collar after a certain game up north....

This improvement each week & halftime adjustments, this is what I love to see. Bonus that I didn't see Ducks going down with injuries today, hope the Cal RB is ok.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think you set up Tosh to either become what he is developing into, or for an exit with your analysis of the talent on defense he had to work with this season.

Your excellent analysis of how Lanning had stacked the defense with guys who can play the defense he wanted this year, set up an expectation the defense should be what we are seeing now.

If that had not happened Lanning would have had no other answer other than Tosh wasn't up to the task. Fortunately Tosh has risen to the task, as have the players. 

The discipline and development each position has shown is impressive. When you see highly talented players set the edge and not just go after the qb, db's play well on an island, safeties show a multitude of talent, and just the discipline of character, I am sold on Tosh. 

I suppose it is the culture on defense I am most impressed with. There is so much talent, but nobody is pouting because they aren't on the field. They are just showing up, doing their jobs, and looking like a team.

I had some high expectations, and maybe was a bit impatient at times, but what we are seeing has been worth it.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

On 11/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, Haywarduck said:

There is so much talent, but nobody is pouting because they aren't on the field. They are just showing up, doing their jobs, and looking like a team.

This is what’s been most impressive to me.

Steve Stephens loses the starting job he had for 3+ years, yet there he is against Cal with a pick and some great plays.

And absolutely everyone on the field is making great plays. Tight man to man coverage. Excellent tackling. Setting the edge. Dominating the line. Communicating. Spying. It’s a well-oiled machine right now.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 7:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

After Portland State scored a touchdown on their first possession....the Dark-Ducks were calling for Lupoi to be fired.

Don't Worry.  Be Happy....

Tez Johnson_Eric Evans of Oregon Football X.jpg

It makes me think of that Dr Pepper commercial where people are freaking out/rending their garments only for someone to note it was just the first play of the game

• Applause 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, CalBear95 said:

It makes me think of that Dr Pepper commercial where people are freaking out/rending their garments only for someone to note it was just the first play of the game

Perfect commercial, as it so exemplifies us fans at times.  I have had so many emails from fans declaring their end of Oregon fandom, and thus this site so many times over the years...

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck