CjAllen180

USC Is In a World Of Trouble...Again

We all know that USC has an explosive offense. That much is true. However, they may also have the single worst defense I have ever seen in my entire life. Granted, I'm only 30 years old. But still, that counts for something, right? But I digress. 

The Trojans, fresh off of a 52-42 loss to that team up north, come limping into Eugene next weekend for a matchup against a Ducks team that has been on a tear since their lone loss to that aforementioned team from up north. (Side note: If we play them again, I love our chances.) USC to date, has given up the following:

41 to Colorado 

41 to Arizona

48 to Notre Dame

34 to Utah

49 to Cal

And now, 52 to...you-know-who.

That's all consecutively, by the way, which means over the past 6 weeks, USC is giving up an absolutely ABYSMAL 44.1 points per game. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???

Meanwhile, since the lone loss to you-know-who, Oregon's starting defense has given up a whopping two touchdowns, which includes the 63-19 beatdown Cal just received a few hours ago at the time of me posting this. Slackers, am I right? 

USC is in for a long night next weekend, and here's three reasons why.

1. DEFENSE: Oregon can match USC offensively. The Ducks are averaging a ridiculous 47.4 PPG, which leads the country if I'm not mistaken. But USC CANNOT match Oregon's defense, specifically their physicality. These guys are playing lights out right now, and I don't forsee that stopping anytime soon. They're strong, fast, physical, well coached and capable of causing all sorts of chaos. The closest comparison USC has to what awaits them is Utah, and we saw how that went.

2. OFFENSE: As i mentioned earlier, Oregon can match USC's offensive output. They're extremely balanced, have weapons galore, and don't make very many mistakes. Bo Nix is the most consistently excellent quarterback in the country, and OC Will Stein is getting better and better each game. No team has held them under 33 points. NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE. And as I said before, USC has a HORRIBLE defense. These brothers can't stop a NOSEBLEED right now. 

3. TALENT: For the first time this season (second if you include Notre Dame), USC will face a team that, player for player, matches or even EXCEEDS them in terms of sheer talent. Oregon has been out-recruiting USC for a few years now, according to pretty much every major recruiting site that exists. That matters. 

All in all, the Ducks are very well coached, more talented, more balanced, and more physical than any team that the Trojans have faced this year. Could they pull off an upset? Sure they could. I don't see it happening though, not if Coach Lanning has anything to say about it. I assure you, he'll have plenty. 

Go Ducks!

Edited by CjAllen180
  • Salute 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dillon Johnson, Michael Penix Jr. lead No. 5 Washington past No. 20 USC in shootout

Dillon Johnson rushed for 256 yards and four touchdowns, Michael Penix Jr. passed for 256 yards and two scores and No. 5 Washington’s prolific offense kept the Huskies unbeaten with a 52-42 victory over No. 20 USC on Saturday night.

Devin Culp and Ja’Lynn Polk caught TD passes from Penix, who also rushed for a score while the Huskies (9-0, 6-0 Pac-12) won a high-octane thriller featuring two elite offenses and two deficient defenses...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Huskies win a high-octane thriller featuring two elite offenses and two deficient defenses.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:19 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Dillon Johnson, Michael Penix Jr. lead No. 5 Washington past No. 20 USC in shootout

Dillon Johnson rushed for 256 yards and four touchdowns, Michael Penix Jr. passed for 256 yards and two scores and No. 5 Washington’s prolific offense kept the Huskies unbeaten with a 52-42 victory over No. 20 USC on Saturday night.

Devin Culp and Ja’Lynn Polk caught TD passes from Penix, who also rushed for a score while the Huskies (9-0, 6-0 Pac-12) won a high-octane thriller featuring two elite offenses and two deficient defenses...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Huskies win a high-octane thriller featuring two elite offenses and two deficient defenses.

If a team that isn't really known for running the ball can run wild like that, imagine what Bucky Irving and Jordan James will do...

Yeahhhhh Trojans: Y'all in trouble. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

SC is a 14 point dog v. Ducks 

• Wow 1

On 11/5/2023 at 7:25 AM, Log Haulin said:

SC is a 14 point dog v. Ducks 

U$C beat Cal by 1.

Ducks beat Cal by 44.

Posted without comment.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, CjAllen180 said:

If a team that isn't really known for running the ball can run wild like that, imagine what Bucky Irving and Jordan James will do...

Yeahhhhh Trojans: Y'all in trouble. 

They stated Johnson had 199 yards rushing BEFORE CONTACT (256 total) with a few minutes left to go.

That has to be some kind of record.

• Wow 2

On 11/4/2023 at 9:38 PM, CjAllen180 said:

The Ducks are averaging a ridiculous 47.4 PPG, which leads the country if I'm not mistaken.

After yesterday:

#1 LSU 47.4 PPG

#2 U$C 45.9 PPG

#3 UofO 45.5 PPG

EDIT: these #s are after Utah, not Cal.

Corrected numbers below.

Um, I just saw a clip of Caleb Williams crying in his mom’s lap during the game yesterday.

Please tell me that was an AI deep fake. It was painful to watch on many levels.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:36 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

Um, I just saw a clip of Caleb Williams crying in his mom’s lap during the game yesterday.

Please tell me that was an AI deep fake. It was painful to watch on many levels.

It wasn’t.  That scene (IMHO) gets Grinch fired this week.  That said, Riley has - as others have posted elsewhere - been loyal to Grinch to the point of nepotism.  

If Grinch is kept on, I just can’t imagine how USC gets up for the game.  That team, and specifically Williams, has to be emotionally spent.  

• Yikes! 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:48 AM, CalBear95 said:

That team, and specifically Williams, has to be emotionally spent.

Riley needs be hounded about this—it’s an egregious disservice to his team.

On 11/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

After yesterday:

#1 LSU 47.4 PPG

#2 U$C 45.9 PPG

#3 UofO 45.5 PPG

That is not updated.  From the media packet sent late last night with the updated numbers through the Cal game....Oregon is averaging 47.4 points per game on offense and only giving up 16 points per game on defense.

Dream numbers.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

That is not updated

💯 

After yesterday (corrected):

#1 UofO 47.4

#2 U$C  45.5 

#3 LSU  45.2

and #11 in scoring defense.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, with the next 2 teams on our schedule, we could easily be averaging over 50 ppg heading into the Uncivil War. 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:01 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

💯 

After yesterday (corrected):

#1 UofO 47.4

#2 U$C  45.5 

#3 LSU  45.2

and #11 in scoring defense.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

I mean, with the next 2 teams on our schedule, we could easily be averaging over 50 ppg heading into the Uncivil War. 

How could Bo Nix not get an invite to New York and be a favorite for the Heisman with those numbers?!

The QB leading the #1 scoring offense in the country!!!

• Great post! 1

On 11/5/2023 at 10:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Oregon is averaging 47.4 points per game on offense and only giving up 16 points per game on defense.

Dream numbers.

Really good at scoring points, and also really good at stopping other squads from scoring points.

Yessir!!