FishDuck Article

The Oregon Offense: The Hoss Concept

As I write this article, according to ESPN, the Oregon Ducks sit as the number two passing offense in the nation as it relates to yards per game, at 339. A lot of that has to do with the shear amount of talent on offense, including a quarterback in Bo Nix who has seen just everything a defense can throw ...

FISHDUCK.COM

As I write this article, according to ESPN, the Oregon Ducks sit as the number two passing offense in the nation as it relates to yards per...
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I love it !  Thanks Eric for taking the time to illustrate that great 2nd and 37 conversion. 

Actually the Cal defense was pretty sound.  I agree with you the only thing they didn't account for was the speed of Tez Johnson and the rope thrown by Nix.

• Thumbs Up 3

Once again, thanks Coach. The Hoss Concept really provides Bo a number of options for success.

It appears to me that the QB must be able to read and then recognize the D formation. Then quickly run thru his progressioms or strike quickly as defenders committ.

Having the time to set up and throw the pigskin sure helps. Great protection by the O line and great read and throw by Bo.

The after burners on Tez finished that play off in a hurry.

Go Ducks! Beat ASU........

• Thumbs Up 3

So cool to see the patterns materialize in the video as you diagrammed. Talk about perfect execution!  Whew!

Thank you Coach Boles.

Tez Johnson_Eric Evans of Oregon Football X.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Coach, all the time we hear there aren't any 2nd or 3rd and forever in the playbook.

Evidently coach Stein has a different playbook.

• Thumbs Up 4

How refreshing is it that when a couple of plays don't work and/or a penalty is called against the Ducks and they find themselves in 3rd and long situations there's still the expectation the Ducks are going to make the 1st down?  OR, the Ducks might just score on the next play? 

I've always thought the statement "there aren't any plays in the playbook for 3rd and, say, 20 yards or more, in the playbook."  Why not?  That wasn't Chip Kelly's attitude nor was it Kenny Dillingham's nor is it Will Stein's.  Do what you have to do to make the 1st.  Or, better yet, score.  It's kinda what makes the Ducks special.  

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks, Coach.

I'm goin' to get on my Bony and ride!

• Thumbs Up 1

The throw Bo makes here is perfection.

On a rope, right on time before the safety gets there.

A true thing of beauty. 

• Thumbs Up 1