OregonDucks

The Heisman Is Bo Nix’s To Lose

Bo Nix entered Saturday as the Heisman favorite, listed at +110 odds to take home college football's most prestigious individual award. Following his incredible performance in Oregon's commanding 49-13 win over Arizona State, it's probably safe to say that the Heisman Trophy is Nix's to lose at this point.

Nix threw for 404 yards and a career-high six touchdowns — all in the first half — in the Ducks' victory. His six TD passes tied the Oregon single-game record and gave him 40 total touchdowns (35 passing, five rushing) through 11 games this season.”

AMP.FOXSPORTS.COM

Oregon QB Bo Nix solidified his spot as the Heisman favorite following a 404-yard...

Wow, just wow!

What an incredible story that would be and a deserving young man, who has worked his tail off, through adversity, to become one of the best QBs in college football. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, OregonDucks said:

Bo Nix entered Saturday as the Heisman favorite, listed at +110 odds to take home college football's most prestigious individual award. Following his incredible performance in Oregon's commanding 49-13 win over Arizona State, it's probably safe to say that the Heisman Trophy is Nix's to lose at this point.

Nix threw for 404 yards and a career-high six touchdowns — all in the first half — in the Ducks' victory. His six TD passes tied the Oregon single-game record and gave him 40 total touchdowns (35 passing, five rushing) through 11 games this season.”

AMP.FOXSPORTS.COM

Oregon QB Bo Nix solidified his spot as the Heisman favorite following a 404-yard...

Wow, just wow!

What an incredible story that would be and a deserving young man, who has worked his tail off, through adversity, to become one of the best QBs in college football. 

The stud-beast-dude also had an 83% pass completion rate yesterday.

His numbers across the board this year are absolutely insane... such as his TD to INT numbers of 35 to 2.

And arguably, if there was a rating for team leadership skills, his numbers would likely be first in the nation.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:55 AM, Desert Duck said:

The stud-beast-dude also had an 83% pass completion rate yesterday.

I could be wrong but I believe that he currently has the highest season completion percentage in NCAA history. Hopefully he’ll keep it up. That would be an amazing record to break. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nix is currently ahead of Mac Jones record by a small margin, at 78.1% compared to Jones' 77.4%

WWW.SPORTS-REFERENCE.COM

Pass Completion Percentage Single Season Leaders and Records

N

Jayden Daniels is now the Heisman favorite.  He apparently has tremendous support from SEC fans who think he's played against superior defenses and has better stats.  Like Georgia State's this week -- against who he was throwing TD passes in the 4th quarter in a 56-14 win.  Talk about padding your stats. 

Bo is up against a lot of southern bias -- lots of tweets claiming he wasn't good enough in the SEC so left for the PAC, etc.  I bet most of those folks haven't seen him play since he was at Auburn.  Canzano is getting roasted for a comment he made on X saying Daniels would be holding a clipboard at UW or UO.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:59 PM, Cacker Guy said:

claiming he wasn't good enough in the SEC so left for the PAC, etc.

Actually, it was Daniels who couldn’t cut it in the Pac and left for the SEC.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it sets up well for Nix to win.  Both are deserving, but if Nix and Oregon take care of business he should win the heisman.  

Both QB'S have a similar career trajectory. Almost identical. The difference to me is where they have their teams playing. 

Bo is in position to win a conference title and a CFP invite. Daniels is playing for a NY6 bowl appearance, thats probably unlikely. 

This is a difficult decision for the voters. Both QB'S are deserving in my book. Compleatly different styles of play this year for these two.

Jayden Daniels has to play a more Supeman role than Nix. Something Nix had to do at AU but at Oregon this year he has been a surgeon. The rushing numbers favor Jayden but that is out of necessity. 

Nix is in complete control of the game when he is out on the field. How many times has Nix manipulated the Defense into giving him the look he wants with his ability to change plays at the LOS? 

Nix makes very few mistakes. He has one INT that he is solely responsible for.  The one Robinson pic'd in the Colorado game. The one V. Cal was on Tez. The Tech one should have been a pic that would have been on Bo, really bad judgment on Bo's part with the game on the line.

Jaden Daniels is having a great year. If he wins I will be disapointed but can't really complain about it. Both are having great years and are deserving imo.

Given the year that Nix is having with his completion percentage, O's won/loss record and his career starts, etc. etc, it would be very hard to see Bo not win the Heisman if Oregon beats OSU and then UW in the rematch. As I understand it, the Heisman voting occurs after the Conference Championship game.

The QB of a 12-1 team, probably headed for the Playoffs (if they win the conference crown) with all his personal accomplishments, how could they not select him as the winner?  His accomplishments at the very least would be the equal of Marcus Mariota's. In reality, they'd be even better, imo.

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:48 AM, Log Haulin said:

"Nix makes very few mistakes. He has one INT that he is solely responsible for.  The one Robinson pic'd in the Colorado game. The one V. Cal was on Tez. The Tech one should have been a pic that would have been on Bo, really bad judgment on Bo's part with the game on the line."

Log Haulin, I quoted you after you wrote the above. Thanks! I had been going through the previous games trying to remember where Bo was picked. I had forgotten the Colorado game. That was the 1st pick. I recalled the Cal game where Tez must have been "juiced" when he was given the opportunity to excel; and Tez did excel, but just not on that first pass, which bounced off his hands and the Cal DB just took the ball right out of the air based on the DB's positioning. Great interception in that the DB took what Tez provided by his mistake. Tez has made up for that mistake. But,

it has been that 3rd [phantom] interception I have been trying to determine. You referred to it above as "the Tech one".

The ASU game stats show two interceptions against the Ducks. TT had one (because he did not go through his progressions and telegraphed his passes - he had receivers open for each pass, but just not always the primary designated receiver. (I appreciate TT self-selecting himself out - leaders cannot violate the basics with impunity). When during the game did that so-called "Tech one" take place? Was that Texas Tech? Circumstances: can you take me through when, where, and what you observed, please? I am not a coach; but, I am a Duck and a fan, and I would like to know the circumstances. Thanks, sir.

I remain VR,

KCDuck1

The holder for Field Goals took the muffed snap, and threw the second interception in the ASU game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/20/2023 at 7:18 AM, KCDuck1 said:

I had been going through the previous games trying to remember where Bo was picked. I had forgotten the Colorado game. That was the 1st pick.

That pick in the Colorado game happened right in front of me.

The receiver had a step or two on the DB. It was a good decision and if Bo had put some more air under the ball it likely would have been a TD. 

That just shows you the level that Bo has been playing at:

1st pick - good decision, just a little off on the throw

2nd pick - deflection off his receiver’s hands in what should have been a routine catch 

That’s it!  Bo has been nearly flawless the entire season and is leading the #1 scoring offense in all of college football with currently the highest QB completion rate in CFB history. 

Edited by OregonDucks

On 11/19/2023 at 8:59 PM, Cacker Guy said:

Jayden Daniels is now the Heisman favorite.  

I guess your team’s record matters only if you don’t play in the SEC. 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:18 AM, KCDuck1 said:

When during the game did that so-called "Tech one" take place? Was that Texas Tech?

If I remember right it was second half, late in the game. Don't remember if Ducks were behind at that point or not.

Nix scrambled to his right and threw it in the endzone in traffic on the boundry. Tech db caught it but he was ruled out of bounds. Call confirmed on replay but in my opinion should have been a pick and a possible Duck loss.

It didn't count but I threw it in there to illustrate the poor decision by Nix. There are so few of them.

Nix has been brilliant most of the season. That play and the 4th down to seal it v. Husky are the most agregious imo. Nix had Bryant(?) wide open but he locked on Franklin in double coverage. Incomplete and the rest is history.

• Thanks 1

I am mystified by Jayden Daniels.   I get he is in the SEC and yes, I saw that he had an impressive day on Saturday.  He was clearly left in the game so he could pad his stats.   Bo was out after one series in the 3rd quarter.

Daniels' team is not in play for the SEC title.   Sure they will go to a bowl but just not seeing him as the best player in college football which is what I thought the Heisman was about.  

• Great post! 1