DrJacksPlaidPants

Ashton Cozart to Transfer

It looks like the Ducks have their first transfer portal casualty. I expect many more if they’re going to sign top 10 classes.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-wide-receiver-ashton-cozart-plans-to-enter-transfer-portal

Yep, recruit tons to the position, and find out who is best. And then the others who are 4th team transfer out…

Rinse and repeat.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

as in the Mandalorian:  This is the Way.   😉 

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not too surprising. Wish him well.

Gotta perform, hype doesn't get you on the field.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish him well, as well as all the others who choose the same route.

I hope all the players do what they think is best for themselves.

I'll always root for the leftovers. 

That's too bad, he had impressive physical stats similar to Troy Franklin and Treshon Holden.  I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere at another good program.

Best of luck to the young man. This will seem to indicate there is separation happening between the receiver group. Ashton looked to be just ahead of the walk-ons. He is going to take more time to season up, best to go somewhere else, I suppose.

With more talent coming in and the receiver group so strong this would seem to be good news for Oregon. 

One observation last week was Holden looked very good. His size and speed were impressive. 

Next season we could have Holden and Dickey line up together and that will be hard to defend, along with a speedster. The competition in this group is like at no other time, well done coaches and players!

On 11/30/2023 at 6:32 AM, Haywarduck said:

Next season we could have Holden and Dickey line up together and that will be hard to defend, along with a speedster. The competition in this group is like at no other time, well done coaches and players!

Gary Bryant should be back!

Franklin is probably gone and should be drafted respectably. I'm not sure on Johnson's status and desire to stay or go but I suspect he's probably moving on as well. 

Loads of talent and we just need to make sure we have a QB ready to throw to them. 

• Applause 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:13 AM, David Marsh said:

Gary Bryant should be back!

Franklin is probably gone and should be drafted respectably. I'm not sure on Johnson's status and desire to stay or go but I suspect he's probably moving on as well. 

Loads of talent and we just need to make sure we have a QB ready to throw to them. 

Tez doesn't have the size to be drafted. He can make more on NIL than he'll get on an NFL practice squad. I'd be shocked if he doesn't use up the remainder of his eligibility.

• Thumbs Up 4