anyotherduck

Predictions About Bad Calls for Final PAC-12 Game?

1 pi against OR

2 pi no calls on WA

1-2 bad targeting calls OR (hopefully overturned)

1- no call targets on Nix by WA

1-2 no call late hits on Nix by WA

Also, pay attention to where the refs spot the ball. PAC refs have used this tactic to keep WA and USC in games they should have lost. 

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

While I dislike the quality of Pac-12 officiating as much as every other OBD fan, I would be pretty shocked to see that kind of disparity in calls. It seems to me that the soon to be conferenceless refs would want to go out as something other than the laughing stock of CFB if they ever hope to be employable again. 

The truly odious and incompetent refs have declared themselves time and again on the televised games. We all know who they are. I'll be watching with a jaundiced eye as the crew is introduced hoping to not see the worst of the lot. 

Oregon has been penalized far too much this year due largely to unforced errors and some undisciplined play. The zebras have done them no favors, but if you want to keep the refs out of the game, don't let them into it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This too has been a concern for me about this game.

UW has had too many obvious gratuitous calls go there way this season that have helped them win close games.

Their db's seem to get away with more interference then our db's. 

You would think the Pac12 refs would want to be auditioning for jobs in the B1G, as they will need more refs!

Well, can only deal with what you can control. Here's hoping for a well officiated game.

It's Pac 12 officiating.  That means it's a virtual guarantee of 3 blown calls with at least one at a crucial point of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On a positive note; DL appears to be doing a good job with navigating these bad calls. He almost seems to be anticipating ref shenanigans.

The mutts will hold on every play as per normal on both offense and defense.

Question is will they get called?

The Ducks had better play clean or it could be ugly.

The part that drives me crazy is why would the pack want the mutts in the CFP over the Ducks. Puddles has a much bigger tv rating than the mutts and isn’t money the reason they do this now.

PAC 12 Refs should strive for excellence in this penultimate contest at the sunset of the Conference of Champions...

Given that, I suggest the O/U for egregious calls for both teams combined will sit around 18 total penalties, for a combined 185 yards.

Obviously, the cream shall rise (Or is that pond scum?)

PAC12 Ralphs!

Edited by woundedknees

All I know is this will be the last hurrah for the Crap 12 refs...I expect nothing less than one of the worst performances ever, hopefully it doesn't derail the game for us

The conference (every conference really) grades their refs on a game to game basis. I suspect the best refs will be the ones who call this game. 

Oregon has had some games where the refs feel more fair towards us. Last week's game against OSU didn't feel too bad in terms of penalty calls. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Worst call of the game will be when they call a pass play and don't protect Penix's blindside, and I look forward to that call! 

Our kicker won't, refs won't, Lanning's aggressiveness won't, have any negative outcome on what is going to happen on the field. 

I have no anxiety, just pent up energy and anticipation for the outcome of this game, GO DUCKS!

I knew we were screwed when the zebra broke up Bo’s first pass.  Would have been a first down if the zebra hadn’t knocked it down!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:16 PM, PittDuck said:

I knew we were screwed when the zebra broke up Bo’s first pass.  Would have been a first down if the zebra hadn’t knocked it down!

I thought the same thing... Complete that pass, and the first half may have taken a decidedly more positive turn.

• Cool 1