ManhattanDuck

Had Oregon Won on Friday…

I could easily see a scenario where Oregon wins a close game against UDub, Texas wins a blowout (which they did), FSU wins ugly (which they did), and Alabama eeks out a close win over Georgia (which they did) that the Ducks would/could end up on the outside looking in at a CFP of Alabama, Michigan, Texas and either FSU or Georgia…bias against Pac12 might have had one last swan song

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Entirely possible as the SEC commish, Sankey, beats the drum as loud as he can to advocate for his conference....

Kliavkoff:  crickets.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Oregon would have been hosed.  Too easy for them to...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Teams that play 100% for a full 60 minutes might be more impressive to the CFP committee. Either way, had we won we would have been in. We didn't so no use speculating at this point.

On 12/3/2023 at 11:12 AM, anyotherduck said:

Either way, had we won we would have been in.

I agree.  Too bad we will never know.

I said it last week had Oregon won they would find a way to lock out the PAC. Having dug deep into the world of conspiracies for decades, it is now clear that the past 20 years of BC$/CFP that it was designed to consolidate the FBS and eliminate the weakest run conferences, i.e. poorly lead conferences not poor talented teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, anyotherduck said:

Either way, had we won we would have been in. 

No way... and this is further evidenced by one acronym and three words - VRBO Bowl & Liberty.

The VRBO Bowl v Liberty could not be better evidence of how little the College Football Playoff committee thinks of OBD. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 2