Vandownbytheriverduck

I$ the Committee Corrupt, Incompetent<Ignorant or on the Take?

So Arizona plays a better ranked Oklahoma and the Beavs play a better ranked Notre Damn and the Ducks get a nothing burger to go game against a team that was not ranked all year and hasn't played nor beaten a single quality team. Its absurd 

Thi$ committee is a joke.  

$o many options for better gains and games, for better TV, for better attendance, and for setting the hype for next year. 

tOSU v UO would fill AZ and set up next year.

Thi$ is likely about corrupt ignorant power hungry old idiots on the take.

There isn't one $ingle logical reason to put forth this po$t season schedule where the Ducks play a nobody whi played nobody. Its a sick fraud. 

These people are either corrupted by outside money or $imply idiots. Id check their ca$h positions. I bet these clown$ are on the take. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does the committee pick bowls?  Don't the bowls get the picks based on conference deals, and there is an order and contingencies, and it's market and TV driven?  A G5 school gets in, someone has to take them.  The Orange bowl probably got the higher pick 

• Thumbs Up 2

One G5 team gets to play in a New Years game every year.  Liberty has the pleasure of being this year's choice.  Examples like Beavers vs ND aren't relevant as they aren't in a New Years game.   

Sure Oregon got the short end of the stick but that doesn't mean corruption etc.  

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought the bowls got to pick the participants after the CFP picked it's teams. If the Cotton picked ahead of the Fiesta than it was a given they'd pick Ohio State over Liberty. I think it rotates on whoever picks first. But this is the last year of that setup anyhow.

Next year all NY6 bowls will act as quarterfinal and semifinal games. Which is what I thought should have been the case from jump Street. The playoff should've been 8 teams instead of 4. You'd have gotten 5 automatics for the P5, then 3 at large with one G5 being included(provided they are undefeated & top 10).

It would have saved the headache of conference realignment imo. Take this year for example.

You'd have,

1 seed Michigan vs Oregon in the Cotton.

2 seed Washington vs  Ohio State in the Fiesta.

3 seed Texas vs Georgia in the Orange.

4 seed Alabama vs FSU in the Sugar.

The Rose would host the Cotton winner.

The Peach would host the Fiesta winner.

Then you'd have the winners of Peach and Rose in the National Championship.

Hopefully that isn't too convoluted, as I tried to word it correctly.  Yes the whole G5 top 10 stipulation would be contentious. But to me they should not be excluded entirely if they did everything they could, including at least one tough out of conference game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, nothing nefarious has gone down, Liberty has to play someone, it's just how it worked out this time, FSU-Georgia makes sense I would have of course liked tOSU or Missouri, they probably figure that's a fresh matchup and it's Big10/SEC.  I just think we got the short end of the straw on this one.

I certainly feel the frustration over the Fiesta Bowls match up, so I did some research. It helped me understand a little better.

Each committee member submits their list for the Top 30 teams. This establishes sort of a baseline for rankings. 

Each committee member, announamously presents their top 6 ranked teams.

All members are provided mountains of data on games and teams to assist in how they rank the teams.

Only the committee ranks the Top 6 and the 4 teams for the national semifinal games.

That's it. From there the Bowls pick based on their order of selection and rankings.

First consideration is bowl tie ins or agreements. For example Rose Bowl as we know is BIG vs PAC.......

This year Rose Bowl is part of the semi-finals so the tie in contract is out the window.

If this was a normal year, Washington would be off to the semi and Oregon off to the Rose Bowl.

But its not a normal year, so Ducks are off to the Fiesta Bowl. No conspiracy theory or bias involved.

It appears that the Fiesta Bowl had the last pick and the other bowls passed on Liberty.

The Ducks played their way into this ridiculous situation........or down played their way to AZ.

Congratulations to Liberty for a great undefeated season and yoir prize is a national tv game against OBD's.

This wont change the sour taste in anyones mind but this will happen to one Power 4 team next year. Maybe even the Ducks.

But it is done by final committee rankings and a predetermined process and nothing more.....

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

So Arizona plays a better ranked Oklahoma and the Beavs play a better ranked Notre Damn and the Ducks get a nothing burger to go game against a team that was not ranked all year and hasn't played nor beaten a single quality team. Its absurd 

Thi$ committee is a joke.  

$o many options for better gains and games, for better TV, for better attendance, and for setting the hype for next year. 

tOSU v UO would fill AZ and set up next year.

Thi$ is likely about corrupt ignorant power hungry old idiots on the take.

There isn't one $ingle logical reason to put forth this po$t season schedule where the Ducks play a nobody whi played nobody. Its a sick fraud. 

These people are either corrupted by outside money or $imply idiots. Id check their ca$h positions. I bet these clown$ are on the take. 

Just glad your back down by the river again, and have an internet connection where you can post your ponderings!

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1

On 12/4/2023 at 5:17 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

I certainly feel the frustration over the Fiesta Bowls match up, so I did some research. It helped me understand a little better.

Each committee member submits their list for the Top 30 teams. This establishes sort of a baseline for rankings. 

Each committee member, announamously presents their top 6 ranked teams.

All members are provided mountains of data on games and teams to assist in how they rank the teams.

Only the committee ranks the Top 6 and the 4 teams for the national semifinal games.

That's it. From there the Bowls pick based on their order of selection and rankings.

First consideration is bowl tie ins or agreements. For example Rose Bowl as we know is BIG vs PAC.......

This year Rose Bowl is part of the semi-finals so the tie in contract is out the window.

If this was a normal year, Washington would be off to the semi and Oregon off to the Rose Bowl.

But its not a normal year, so Ducks are off to the Fiesta Bowl. No conspiracy theory or bias involved.

It appears that the Fiesta Bowl had the last pick and the other bowls passed on Liberty.

The Ducks played their way into this ridiculous situation........or down played their way to AZ.

Congratulations to Liberty for a great undefeated season and yoir prize is a national tv game against OBD's.

This wont change the sour taste in anyones mind but this will happen to one Power 4 team next year. Maybe even the Ducks.

But it is done by final committee rankings and a predetermined process and nothing more.....

But, next year it will just mean an easier chance to advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, well Liberty is 13-0.  

The Ducks had better not think they're just showing up to have fun in Glendale.  It's important for the Ducks to finish this great season with a win not an upset.  These are the times that can really try the coaching abilities of the staff and the mind set of the players. Everyone will be expecting a blowout - everyone except the Flames.

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2

The committee often does seem to think that they are judges in a "beauty contest" (don't get me started on those! 😄 ), but, as others have said, there are considerations such as tie-ins and other agreements.

Van, good points. But beat UW and the only decision the CT would have to make is where to seed the Ducks in the playoff.

1 NY6 bowl team was going to be hit with the G5 ugly stick. 

UGA was available because of the Bama loss and is playing close to home in Miami. Ohio State lost to Michigan and plays in Dallas, a decent location for both Buckeyes and Mizzou fans. 

The ACC champ if not in the PO is contracted to the Orange Bowl. 

The system stinks. It has stunk from the start with 4 PO spots in a sport before next season with 5 power conferences.

Professional sports use the on-field results to determine and seed playoff teams. College sports playoff selections and seeding are often subjective. So you get strange and often infuriating results.

But Oregon is in this position because it showed up flat and did not play well vs. UW.

It could be worse. We could be Seminoles fans.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 1