Babyjesus615

Dillon Gabriel Visiting Oregon!

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

The Oregon Ducks had a Heisman Trophy finalist at quarterback in Bo Nix this season. And they may already have their next signal-caller lined up. ESPN's Pete…

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cautious optimism from me given that it's a visit, not a commitment.  That being said, if things work out he could be a better version of Vernon Adams.  I'll take that all day long.

• Thumbs Up 1

If he is Vernon Adams Pt 2 without the injuries we are going places! 😯

A good senior season highlight reel of Dillon.  Things I noticed:

• - Solid pocket presence.  He doesn't panic when the pocket collapses, his foot speed looks similar to Nix however when scrambling feels more elusive like Vernon.
  • - Despite being listed at 5'11" his arm strength and accuracy would be more than sufficient for Will Stein's bird bomb plays.

If heappears as a " better " version of Vernon Adams, that sounds pretty good.  Vernon was pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Looks good to me. Pretty accurate on his deep balls. Runs well.

Edited by Just Ducky

I thought we were in the bag for Cam Ward, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out..........

New Mississippi State head coach Jeff Lebby was his O-coordinator at UCF (2019-21), then at Oklahoma (2022-23).

2018 - Mililani High School, Hawaii

2019 - 13 games at UCF

2020 - 10 games at UCF - non-counting COVID season

2021 - 3 games at UCF - under 4 games season

2022 - 12 games at Oklahoma

2023 - 12 games at Oklahoma

On 12/5/2023 at 3:27 PM, kirklandduck said:

A good senior season highlight reel of Dillon.  Things I noticed:

• - Solid pocket presence.  He doesn't panic when the pocket collapses, his foot speed looks similar to Nix however when scrambling feels more elusive like Vernon.
  • - Despite being listed at 5'11" his arm strength and accuracy would be more than sufficient for Will Stein's bird bomb plays.

15,000 + passing yards in CFB. If his Louie is not already packed it will be after he visits Eugene. 

This is the name of today's CFB game. What coach would prefer an untested starter at QB over a battle-tested vet? And Dillon has a W over Texas. Something Cam Ward does not have.

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 12/5/2023 at 1:29 PM, Jon Joseph said:

15,000 + passing yards in CFB. If his Louie is not already packed it will be after he visits Eugene. 

This is the name of today's CFB game. What coach would prefer an untested starter at QB over a battle-tested vet? And Dillon has a W over Texas. Something Cam Ward does not have.

I know it's just a highlight reel, so we're not going to see any picks, or even incompletions, but this kid has decent wheels, throws a nice ball, and has great touch on intermediate and deep throws.

Time to open the checkbook.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've not read every post/article on this forum, so forgive me if this question has been asked:

Why is he leaving Oklahoma?

That 69% completion percentage sure seems a lot more impressive when you see how many deep balls he's thrown.

I didn't see a lot of check downs and RPO type plays. Makes me wonder how he will fit into our system?

On 12/5/2023 at 1:40 PM, DUCKED said:

I know it's just a highlight reel, so we're not going to see any picks, or even incompletions, but this kid has decent wheels, throws a nice ball, and has great touch on intermediate and deep throws.

Time to open the checkbook.

30 passing TDs vs 6 INTs, not bad.  Add to that 12 rushing TDs, that's plenty of offense to bring to OBD.  He was sacked 16 times this season though, so behind Oregon's stellar OL he would have even better stats I would think.

Pretty nice used car lot we are shopping at.

One seems to always want the new shiny car, but the used car lot is where I shop most of the time.  Unless I know I am going to get a lot of good miles out of the new car, going used just makes more sense.

This is especially true if you know where the car has been and the type of miles it has on it. In the transfer pool the miles are right there in front of you, easy to evaluate.

If you evaluate a college qb like a used car, one would probably go used every time!

On 12/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, cartm25 said:

I've not read every post/article on this forum, so forgive me if this question has been asked:

Why is he leaving Oklahoma?

Rumor from the Oklahoma side of things is he is being "Darron Thomas-ed".

That is, OU has a former five star, 2022 Elite 11 MVP (Jackson Arnold), who sat this year; and, would be a portal candidate if facing another year on the bench.

Oklahoma fans saying this was no surprise and has been in the works for weeks. Interesting because OU fans seem to have nothing but positives to say about DG.

A little bit of a dangerous game for OU maybe; but, I guess it worked out for the UO staff (handing the keys to Marcus).

Edited by AnotherOD