Charles Fischer

Oregon Going After an O-Line Transfer?

I am a little surprised, as I did not see that as a position of immediate need.  Next year--yes, but not this year, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

No idea when he is visiting or what our actually chances are...

Mr. FishDuck

Nice that he might want to follow Gabriel to Oregon. Wait and see.

I saw Green jumped in the portal Tuesday. My first thought was that Lanning would go after this dude. Glad to see the Ducks reached out.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

With the last name Green, why wouldn't he come to Oregon?  Seems obvious to me.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

He's apparently a very good inside lineman, particularly at left guard. One of the few spots the Oregon coule improve on a bit is rush blocking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cannot have enough of these guys

• Thumbs Up 1

You should have said "Transplant" not "Transfer."

He was starting by the end of his freshman year and according to Oklahoma insiders he was expected to be a cornerstone of their OL the next few years.  They were pretty surprised by his departure.

• Applause 1

Maybe he and Dillon were buddies.

OL xfers are usually positions of depth. The OL cannot be plugged in the same way as just about any other position.

Oregon's OL has depended on this fact. Bring players in and develop them. When you look at other programs that rely on OL xfers, they are not top tier programs. No exceptions.

Well, you can assert your strong opinion, and I will assert mine backed by factual evidence. First of all, Ajani Cornelius was brought in as a transfer from Rhode Island last year, and started all season at offensive right tackle for us, and did a fantastic job.

Two other offensive line transfers were brought in from East Carolina and Texas, but played sparingly or none due to injuries. They were brought in with the intention of plug-and-play…

Second, Dan Lanning has been absolutely stellar in his portal transfer successes, so I would rate it as a low probability of a transfer not working out, considering Dano’s track record thus far. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck