Steven A

Evidently usc Won't be Developing This QB

Seems Malachi Nelson is off to greener pastures.

Has Riley's shine worn off?

WWW.MSN.COM

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Riley had not brought Williams into the fold at usuc he would have been lucky to have been 500. Williams won more games for Riley with his heroics than Riley’s genius would have ever gotten him.

He better bolt for an nfl job while his seat is still a bit warm. I’m sure someone is going to need an offensive coordinator up there soon. Should be lots of openings after the nfl regular season.

I could see usuc being a bottom dweller next season and that would just break my heart.

This is just my opinion of coarse.😃

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, Steven A said:

Short answer: Yes

Long answer:

Yep, Sí, Ja, Ya, Da, Oui, Tak, Sim, Hai

Ya sure ya betcha

Nelson wants to play now. No way Oregon needs any of that drama. Moore says he wants to be developed and is willing to wait a year. 

Not to count the chickens (or ducklings) before they hatch but Moore has some elite skills that just need time and coaching:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Riley is looking for a QB in the transfer portal.  

That tells me he isn't ready or sold on Malachi being his next starter.  Nelson may be thinking that he SHOULD be the starter and isn't willing to sit behind someone.

Interesting quote from him about this exact situation:

"About a year ago, Nelson spoke to The Athletic and said the following about Williams: “There’s only a few guys I would be OK sitting behind, and the best quarterback in the country is definitely one of them.” -theathleticcom

Just shows the difference between someone who plays and realizes they need development (Dante Moore).

On 12/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, Steven A said:

I don't know if it has so much worn off as that Tulane took a brillo pad, pressure washer, hydrochloric acid, and paint stripper to it....and it's not recovered.

With Riley after K State transfer QB Will Howard, Nelson's transfer came as no surprise to SC.

If he had the goods to be The Guy, Riley would have told him so and he would not be leaving Troy.

3rd string QB, Moss, will be starting the bowl game vs. Louisville.

On 12/18/2023 at 9:09 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Just shows the difference between someone who plays and realizes they need development (Dante Moore).

The difference is that Moore played early and came to the personal realization that if he wants to become the QB he is capable of becoming then he might be better served sitting behind a veteran QB and learning (a very mature, thoughtful approach). Malachi had that opportunity last year and now wants to see what he can do on the field. I definitely don’t blame him for wanting to play and I do not blame Riley for pursuing a transfer QB, if he believes that Malachi is not ready and someone gives him a better chance to win in 2024. 

It’s a lot like Oregon’s situation with TT.