FishDuck Article

Which B1G Teams in the 2024 Delighted Dozen Playoff?

Hallelujah! CFB in 2024 is moving on from a Four Team Invitational and into the realm of a true playoff (PO.) I’ve already, FWIW, looked at the 2024 SEC contenders. Let’s look at OBD, and the other B1G contenders with a B1G chance to go Delightful Dozen dancing in 2024. It’s odds-on that the B1G will place four or maybe ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Hallelujah! CFB in 2024 is moving on from a Four Team Invitational and into the realm of a true playoff (PO.) I’ve already, FWIW, looked at the...
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks, Jon, for an interesting analysis of next year’s B1G schedule and your prognosis;  It’s going to be fun seeing OBD compete with the top teams in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Jon for the schedule info and breakdown for 2024. Sets up for a fun rollercoaster ride......

PSU has a very favorable path to the CFP but they need to find an offense that can score 40 points plus in a few of their games. 11-1 or 10-2.

As you pointed out, Michigan will suffer a loss of talent to graduation and the NFL. Perhaps even their HC.

I will hold off on Michigan until after spring ball!

With Penix and those talented receivers headed to the NFL I expect the huskies to drop a bit. However, Deboer is one hec of a coach....

There is no reason to expect tOSU to not go 11-1. Nothing changes for them.

Same with OBD's.....11-1 or 10-2. However, DL and staff must win those big games or its 9-3....

usc and ucla will not be a factor. Spoiler maybe?

So tOSU and PSU should be in the CFP. uw, Michigan and Ducks fight for the 3rd invite. Not sure a 4th team will get an invite. Three teams at 11-1 and one st 10-2 could land a 4th invite. So much has to fall in place........

Big home wins against Buckeyes and huskies, coupled with no other stumbles(other than at Michigan)  should put Ducks at 11-1.

They would be in......

This is dependent on DG coming in and executing at an NFL level and the holes on defense filled.....

Going to be fun but nerve wracking for thiscold Duck.

GO DUCKS!

• Applause 3

A few hours away. Blue or Purple Haze? Either way, it's a B1G win.

Very good article as usual Jon!

I will reserve my thoughts until fall, when rosters are more concrete, and w we've seen a few games.

Initial thoughts are tOSU is almost a lock.

Penn State looks solid enough ( I want to see how that defense end up, and they really need to launch an explosive offense- you have to be able to score 28 plus on elite defenses).

OBD will be a work in progress, need to see how the defense develops over the season. 

QB Rodgers is going to surprise many- the guy is talented.  Not sure how much depth UW will have next year, but like UM, they will decide who is going dancing in the playoffs.

USC is another team that will determine who does dancing.  If they are serious about being more physical, especially on defense, they may go themselves.  

I see four for sure, even with two losses ( by the way, I see only one SEC team with the possibility of escaping unscathed, Georgia- but this year those teams are playing real schedules... Finally).

I'll say this with absolute confidence:. We are going to see some of the best football the sport has to offer this year.  TV ratings are going to go through the roof!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice article Jon. I wish to thank you for helping to turn this aircraft carrier a bit and get us "Pac 12 Guys and Gals" start the reorienting process to the B1G. It is not easy, I spent the whole bowl season reflecting on how the Pac 12 was doing. Now time for a new orientation and challenge. GO DUCKS!

• Thanks 1