EastBayDuckDad

Fanny-Hurt Sooners Fans Cry Foul

FANRECAP.COM

There was absolutely nothing pretty or dramatic about 8th-ranked Oregon's 45-6 beatdown...

Since it is now the off season and three months to spring ball, we here at OBDF have to get our football fixes from recruiting and the odd little story that makes us smile.

This posting from an Oklahoma fan site takes issue with the Fiesta Bowl throwback unis and the interlocking UO logo on the helmet. They state it is a rip-off of the OU logo because for the last 20 years Oregon's has had the big-O. They go on to say that it is likely a deliberate dig at the Sooners.

A little research reveals that both Oklahoma and Oregon adopted the interlocking logo pattern the exact same year, 1967. In that era, Oklahoma routinely wiped the floor with teams like the Ducks. It appears that Sooner fan's grasp of history begins and ends with images of past grandeur. 

Me thinks that in spite of the 2021 Alamo Bowl victory over Oregon, the Okies are still butt-hurt by the last second loss at Autzen in 2006. Or perhaps it is due to the more recent pain of losing Dillon Gabriel to the Ducks along with some of the best instate HS talent, like XSims.

Just to show there are no hard feelings, I for one want to thank them for gifting Lincoln Riley to U$C.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cool pic they used. Rest of it written by a total knob. (Yes knob)

Good gosh…what a Maroon!

Clearly, a very young writer with no sense of CFB history.

Or just lazy.  

It takes very little research to see that Oregon had that in the past…like check the History section in the Oregon Football Repository at FishDuck.com!

(Misspelling in the first sentence is intentional)

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Love his quote, " as an individual, I must admit that I was taken aback and somewhat offended to see the U/O design on the Oregon helmet."

Let me fix that with the real outrage coming next year, " as an individual, I must admit I was taken aback and somewhat offended to see our O/U QB wearing an Oregon helmet looking and performing so much better!"

oklahoma-crying-girl.gif

Like anyone is deeply pondering sticking it to Oklahoma.

I can just see all the top marketers deep in the offices at Nike, all our best people on it for three days straight… just finding the perfect way to stick it to Oklahoma because their grad transfer QB left. Eureka! Let’s twist their logo and use it at the Fiesta Bowl! Why stop there? Let’s dedicate the upcoming season to sticking it to Oklahoma.

Brace yourselves Norman, a storm of bizarro world twisted “OU” themes is coming your way!

• Applause 1

Sooner, or later, this author will need to graduate from advanced navel introspection in his mom's basement to serious investigative reporting... perhaps a job at the ES(ec)PN fact check department is in his future?

• Haha 1
  • Applause 4

In 2006 I was at that game and the Ducks were winning that game handily till our starters started dropping like flies and the Sooners came back against our backup players. Peterson however was a stud and still is although retired I think.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:24 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Like anyone is deeply pondering sticking it to Oklahoma

It's not like Oregon needed to go out of their way to offend the Sooners.

Here's one reason why Arizona never tried to run it 'right up the middle' in the Alamo Bowl 

image.png.8324b8c2bb8b99ab1448cbe4b720885d.png

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 2

We still haven't thanked them enough for giving sc Riley who in turn kept Grinch for two years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1