Haywarduck

ENJOY the DeBoer Saga!

On 1/12/2024 at 12:48 PM, ABNMoose said:

I am loving the anguish being shown on their message boards, and it reminds me that Fuskies are delusional:

"It's so ironic that by finally making the CFP championship game and moving to the Big 10 the UW job has moved from a top 25 job nationally to a borderline top 10; it just so happens at the same time a top 5 job just opened up.

Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Georgia, USC are probably the only jobs that are clearly at a higher level than UW, but I think we're now in the next tier with Penn State, the Florida schools, Oregon, Clemson, and

probably a few more that I've missed. UW is closer to the top of the pyramid than it's been since Don James, but as long as we're not at the top there will always be bigger opportunities elsewhere."

What is their message board link?

• Haha 4

On 1/12/2024 at 1:05 PM, Lrod said:

Pay site.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I don't really want to see DeBoer go to Bama, as much as the last three games hurt, and I ultimately did root for UW to lose against UM, I do think this rivalry is better when you have two great teams playing each other.  I believe Lanning would get the better of DeBoer in the next matchup, and it would be sweet to see them get over that hill.  

I guess part of the reason is that I don't interact with many Husky fans, I haven't gone to Seattle to see a game, and I don't really get upset over stuff I see on the internet.  I love watching high intensity matchups, we still could of course depending on who goes to Seattle, but with recruiting being down, I don't see the net couple years being very kind to the Huskies now.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:05 PM, Lrod said:

You can click on the latest article about DeBoer on this site and see the calamity.

WWW.UWDAWGPOUND.COM

Your best source for quality Washington Huskies news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Lots of barking in the kennel.😀

On 1/12/2024 at 12:14 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

DeBoer is going to be hard to replace. However, as much as I hate to say it, he’s probably going to be replaced by a pretty good coach. Washington is an attractive job and since they offered DeBoer $8.4M to stay they have the money.

Agreed.  I don't think we should celebrate yet until we know who is replacing him at the Fuskies.   Let's face it, OBD fans are only happy he's gone because he beat us 3x in a row.    I, for one, would rather that we have a chance to beat them next year with DeBoer as HC.  Not sure how I feel about this news yet.  Oh well...

Edited by DuckFan93

ScreenShot2024-01-12at4_04_21PM.thumb.png.06236163022d9b21f941e6b820628bc0.png

• Wow 1

KD wmqasntbthat great of a recruiter and they could bring in a guy that's much much better. I think the Huskies have the 44th rank class for 24.

These icy drops coming from the north remind me of Purple Rain... that's a bucket load of fusskie tears!