Ktmguy2018

Which Former Pac-12 Teams Do You Want To Fail or Succeed?

Call it curiosity, call it justifying my personal dislikes, but I am wondering which former Pac-12 team you want to see fall flat and which team you would actually like to see succeed (other than OBD of course).

I'll go first.  USC is the the team I want to see fall flat.  All their pompous, better than you attitude and then whining that it's somebody else's fault when they underperform.  Just really grates on me.  I'm tired of hearing that Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius and I want what happens when he doesn't have his QB.

Tie for second to UW and Colorado.

One team that I actually want to see do well in their new conference is Utah.  After the injury plagued year they had, I would like to see them dominate the Big12.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh, this is a rich topic!  Call it mean, but anyone who steals 35 million from Oregon moves up on my "hate" list to where I'd love to see Oregon State lose a bunch of games to Mountain West teams.

I agree with you...I really only want to see Utah do well, not just because of the great Ute fans on this forum, but because of the integrity of their program.  Of course I would love to see USC and Washington move to the B1G like...

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I want USC to fail and fail big.

I think I would prefer UW to be good. But, not ever good enough to beat our Ducks. I feel that would cause them the most pain.

I want CU to fall back into their forgotten state where they belong.

I want Utah to be King of the Big12.

I wish the best for the rest. I'd love for them all to be towards the top of their new conferences... and for the two that don't have conferences to mire in their troubles and issues for awhile.

Fail (and as painfully as possible): UW and USC.

Succeed: Arizona, with a rosterful of players Fisch couldn't lure to Seattle.

Good one!

Don’t wish them longterm failure necessarily, but would love to see OSU go about 6-6 (or worse) in year one. Many of their fans are so certain they’re going to roll over everyone (because they’ll be just as good but with a much weaker schedule) and make the playoff, all a part of their loyal, doing things the right way choice to form the PAC 2. Once they’ve settled into their MWC lifestyle in a couple years it wouldn’t offend me if they did okay at their level, lol.

Want CU to fail. Those clowns were a completely irrelevant flop since joining the PAC and finally move the needle the last year of the conference….they can sit and spin. Made the conference weaker with their addition.

ASU can sit and spin as well. Been hearing about the “sleeping giant” since the 70s. They were never a giant, let alone a sleeping giant.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Utah and Arizona do well.

The rest I’m pretty indifferent about. Those joining our conference we can control our destiny with, them sucking doesn’t help us much. CalFurd couldn’t care less.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fail: UW and USC. No surprises there. 

Succeed: Arizona because the good players stayed and I like to see loyalty rewarded. I would also like to see Beavis get the 12 seed in the playoffs, so we can clown them for being considered a G5 team.

In order

Fail:

OS,Wa in a tie
 USC

Col

Ucla

Succeed:

Oregon

Utah

Arizona State

The rest just don’t care.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remain a Pac-12 supporter. Hence: 

Great Success: OSU, WSU, Cal, Stanford, Utah, Arizona

Qualified Success (less than UO): UW, UCLA

Indifference: ASU

Embarassment: The Loud One

Disaster on the Scale of the Hindenburg: USC

• Thumbs Up 3

Oregon State and Washington State have gone from sympathetic, to nauseating for me. I'd be happy to just forget about them,no feelings.

I don't really care about the Big Twelve ones either, well I didn't before reading some things about one. That one also has had fans really chirping to me, so I can't wish them luck. That program of course is Utah, they've been barking about how the Big Ten chose the wrong program in Oregon. Without understanding Oregon is a pretty good academic institution, and wasn't built by Nike.

Utah can kick rocks.

Now of the relevant programs to us. I have two tiers. Here they are.

Meh, let's keep this series I guess: UCLA

I loathe you, I want you to burn. I hope you get crushed by Rutgers mwa hahahaha: USC and Washington

I don't even know what to think about the two Pacific academic titans going to the Atlantic Coast Conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, Triphibius said:

I remain a Pac-12 supporter. Hence: 

Great Success: OSU, WSU, Cal, Stanford, Utah, Arizona

Qualified Success (less than UO): UW, UCLA

Indifference: ASU

Embarassment: The Loud One

Disaster on the Scale of the Hindenburg: USC

Pretty much this

Despite what WSU and OSU say it's USC that killed the conference without them (and UCLA draggin behind), we would not have seen the ridiculous TV.....ummm internet streaming contract offer we ended up with that forced us into going to the B1G.  

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Call it curiosity, call it justifying my personal dislikes, but I am wondering which former Pac-12 team you want to see fall flat and which team you would actually like to see succeed (other than OBD of course).

I'll go first.  USC is the the team I want to see fall flat.  All their pompous, better than you attitude and then whining that it's somebody else's fault when they underperform.  Just really grates on me.  I'm tired of hearing that Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius and I want what happens when he doesn't have his QB.

Tie for second to UW and Colorado.

One team that I actually want to see do well in their new conference is Utah.  After the injury plagued year they had, I would like to see them dominate the Big12.

My list is pretty much the same as yours with only some minor tweaks. 

Completely fail. 

1. USC - they destroyed the conference or at least started it's downfall. 

2. Washington - because... Washington. 

3. UCLA - they went with USC so they must shoulder some blame. 

Schools I would like see suceed. 

1A. Utah - they were doing well in the Pac and were a team player. Let them own the Big 12. 

1B. Arizona State - Dilly can make something of that program so let them beat up the Big 12 left overs like Utah. 

2. Arizona - in football I have no I'll will to Zona, not a fan of their basketball program though. 

3A and B - Stanford and Cal because they'll make ACC life miserable at times.

4. Oregon State - success varies from program to program but let them be good in the mountain west. 

You had Colorado as a program you wanted to see fail... I don't really care what happens to them. They went back to the Big 12 and I think their fan base assumes it will get them back to relevance but I think the reality is that they might win an extra game or two every season but struggle to compete with Utah. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Beavis, Fuskies, and Buttflows to FLAIL and FAIL.

I would like to see The Devils, Trees, Bears, and Utes do well.

OBD crowned the NC for the first 12 team playoff!

That would be the best 2024 season!!

• Thumbs Up 1