Jon Joseph

If You Ain't Cheatin' You Ain't Tryin'!

USC for 1 guy being paid by a 3rd party and with the HC absolved almost received the Death Penalty from the NCAA.

Tennessee ran a widespread pay-for-play program with the HC the focal point of the scam and paid $8M to kind of 'Get Out of Jail' for 'free.'

Ohio State went undefeated and missed a bowl game because players traded gear for tattoos. 

UNC ran a decades-long academic scam that benefited its athletes but got off the hook because 'regular students' were also cheating.

It's nice to play your ball in Dixie.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Volunteers wrapped up a separate major infractions case less than a year ago

In automotive racing, they say there are two kinds of racers. Cheaters and losers.

• Thumbs Up 2

SEC/NCAA collusion...the SEC just refuses to accept NCAA punishment while other leagues accept them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back there it isn't the rule of law, it's the rule of Aww Shucks! And the secret handshake, of course.

aw-shucks-smile-shrug-69sr9xzkrgub0faa.gif

• Haha 1

I think back to what the NCAA did to Reggie Busch. It doesn’t negate the fact that he was the best college football player then and maybe ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure the SEC honks got a real chuckle when Chip paid Willie Lyles with a check.🤣

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know it's niave and a minority position, but the two sayings/mantras that I Absolutely have despised most of my life:

"If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin'."

"It's just business."

Normalizes leaning into our most negative basal instincts and, for me, is not how you "evolve" into a better person/species.

Ok. (Stepping off of my high horse).  Back to athletics done RIGHT.  Oregon Duck Athletics!

Go Ducks!  🦆👍

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 11:31 AM, Solar said:

In automotive racing, they say there are two kinds of racers. Cheaters and losers.

There’s rules in auto racing? Could’ve fooled me.

• Haha 1