FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Game of the Year?

Our Oregon Ducks football program is right in the thick of the offseason, and has an incredible slate of games to look forward to this fall. Moving to the Big Ten may prove to be the biggest thing to ever happen to the Oregon football program, giving a handful of college football juggernauts a chance to stomp out some Duck ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program is right in the thick of the offseason, and has an incredible slate of games to look forward to this fall. Moving to...
  • Applause 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Alex, thanks for the article and a topic that i haven't given much thought toward!

tOSU and Michigan are true blue bloods and program heavy weights in the world of college football. A split with those 2 would be nice. This fan places them on equal importance as the top game(s) for 2024.

Beating tOSU at home will send a message to all the BIG schools that coming west to play will not be easy.

Beating the Wolverines on their home turf? WOW. How many teams could then boast thst they beat both schools on their home turf.

OBD's need to be careful of the before and after games against these powerhouses. Trap ganes?

And for goodness sakes lets take care of the huskies and beavers.

Go Ducks......

PS. That game against Beavus makes no sense. Jon Joseph was spot on......

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon game of the regular season, Big Ten Championship, end of story.

Oregon needs to get to the Big Ten Championship game, the rest of the games are just setting us up for that game. 

I think the tosu is a big one, the Michigan game no doubt, it might even be the first big travel game against Purdue. All the games will be important, but the game the team needs to get to is the Championship game. 

We are then assured of making the playoffs, that is the next big goal. The final goal is to win the playoffs. 

So the game of the year, January 20th in Atlanta.

Unknown.jpeg

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, Alex. The move to the B1G is certainly the most timely move Oregon has made in the history of its athletic programs, and the long-term best move, given the alternatives, without a doubt.

In 2032 every B1G program, including Oregon which will be a full and not a junior partner, will be bringing in $100 Million per annum. Remain in the Pac-10? There is no way Oregon in 2032 would be pulling down half of what it will receive as a B1G member. 

In the B1G Oregon will not have its light hidden under a PR bushel. The Big Ten Network will be covering Oregon sports in full including NFL-like pre-game and post-game coverage; coverage that will be viewed by B1G fans coast to coast. This exposure will do nothing but help with recruiting. Stay with the Pac-10 and Oregon would not have been able to recruit at championship levels.

It has to be one of Ohio State or Michigan. Good arguments for the game in Ann Arbor but considering Oregon is 1-9 vs. The Buckeyes and that Oregon has played and won, in the Big House, and Columbus, I'll go with 10/12/24 in Eugene against a loaded Ohio State team that will start the season ranked first or second in the country. Michigan is returning a few studs on D but has close to a complete rebuild on offense. 

Thanks for the terrific article and Vandalize the Vandals! 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Great post! 1

Hayward, good call on the Purdue game which is the game immediately after playing Ohio State in Autzen.

The Ducks will be coming off an incredible high or at least a bit of a buzz kill if the game goes the other way and it's a long trip to Purdue. The Boilermakers have pulled off some B1G time home upsets in the past. 

Purdue will be the 4th game in Oregon's eight-game stretch without a break.

Excellent timing Alex. 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The best competitions to watch as teams look to lock down the most important position on the field

Fun pondering, and thanks to Alex!

Famous FishDuck Editor and devout Buckeye fan, Natalie Liebhaber, says to watch out for Purdue, as “they will rise to bite you on occasion.”

The toughest game could be due to weather, as going to Wisconsin in mid-November is NOT what I wanted to see on the schedule.

Almost like someone set it up that way?

The problem is....they LIKE it!

Winter Wonderland: Toughest Big Ten Football Challengers to Ohio State in  Bad Weather - Sports Illustrated Ohio State Buckeyes News, Analysis and More

• Oh no! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oh they’re all big. tOSU at home stands out of course.

Lets flip it around a bit, which game can we absolutely not lose?

Jabba, I do not think Danno can take another loss at the hands of the Huskies and gets the props he deserves as an HC. 

Danno and Ryan Day are on the spot when it comes to the rivalry game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Alex.  I like "Following a narrow victory in Ann Arbor (on the road, no less), I can’t see the Ducks losing another game in the regular season."  Now, can I get the same prescription for my glasses?

• Haha 1