FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Biggest Offseason Ever?

The offseason is a treacherous time for college football programs all over the country, and our Oregon Ducks football program doesn’t get any special treatment in 2024. They faced losing the biggest pieces of their offense to the NFL, had crucial losses to review from this past year, and boatloads of new talent to impress with the culture...

FISHDUCK.COM

The offseason is a treacherous time for college football programs all over the country, and our Oregon Ducks football program doesn’t get any...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Alex for the FishDuck article today!  Good summary of this off-season.

There's so much to review and like.  I agree with all the things you  discussed.  I'm blown away at the improvements in the trenches.  Now that's BIG news.

Harmon and Caldwell on the D line and "Shaq" McCoy on the O line bring the size and power the Ducks need.

And all the credit goes to Coach Lanning and his awesome staff!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure Lanning has an OFF button. Welcome to the Dan Lanning Ducks where it is gametime, all the time. 

From bowl games, to recruiting, to recruiting transfers, to reloading coaches, to spring game, to recruiting, to fall camp to, it never ends at Autzen Stadium!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One of the biggest recruiting jobs every team has to do in the off season is keeping its current roster. Lanning and staff have done a great job of that. Most, if not all, of the players who left were going to be depth pieces next year. The way Lanning and Co. are recruiting and pulling players out of the portal, if you aren't at least battling for a spot in the two-deep by the time you're a red-shirt sophomore, I don't like your chances of ever getting meaningful playing time here.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the article. It certainly has been an amazing off season for the ducks.

For this Duck fan can the O line jell quickly and can Dillion Gabriel lead and execute the game plan.

As we all know the game is played on the field. The star ratings and talent level mean very little without execution.

I feel confident this will happen and the Ducks will be unbeaten when tOSU comes to Eugene.

Go Ducks.........

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks, Alex. 

Oregon is one of the favorites to make the expanded playoff field, no doubt. The only thing that could hold Oregon back, barring the injury curse, is the schedule. Eight games without a break, at Michigan, game six of the gauntlet, and Wisconsin, game eight of the gauntlet, in November.

Seven home games instead of the eight that Michigan and Ohio State play. The two teams that have dominated the B1G are on the schedule in 2024; both are off the schedule in 2025. Maryland is off the week before the Terps play the Ducks. On Maryland's 2nd idle week of the season Oregon plays in Ann Arbor. The 2024 schedule is a tough row to hoe. 

At Oregon State will be a road game played in front of Bizerk Beavers fanatics. Boise State is the favorite in many preseason rankings to be the G5's playoff team. 

The roster depth that Dan has built will be needed.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

You nailed it Alex. This is the biggest, most consequential off-season in Oregon football history, IMHO.  Meanwhile, in October last year I wrote, "Forget about next year, as you rarely have so much experience stacked into one season as we do this year."

And that was true until the incredible off-season!  That was the definition of, "this did not age well!"  I am still shaking my head at all the good fortune...

FISHDUCK.COM

A high percentage of Oregon fans and media sources outside the state do not truly understand how special and unique this 2023 team is in terms of experience.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Awesome!

I think last off-seasons switching of conferences and the death of the P12 is tough to top, but this may have done so.