Steven A

Jaden Rashada Suing University of Florida Coach, Booster and an Administrator Over Failed NIL Deal

WWW.ESPN.COM

The former Florida football recruit is suing coach Billy Napier, along with a big-time Gator booster and others, claiming they defrauded him by backing out of a promised $13.85 million agreement after...

It was only a matter of time . . . 

• Yikes! 1

Rashada was given $150,000 by Florida booster so he could pay back monies he had already received from a John Ruiz Miami NIL deal. They gave him the money so that he could avoid possible litigation for breaking that NIL contract.

Too funny. 

I wonder if Kirby Smart is having buyer's remorse on this kid yet? 😬

On 5/21/2024 at 10:01 AM, Babyjesus615 said:

I wonder if Kirby Smart is having buyer's remorse on this kid yet? 😬

Why would he? In my eyes he has not done anything wrong. If this happened to any of us you would more than likely do the same thing. If someone promises you something and produces a contract, and then completely changes the terms would you want to continue doing business with them? 

He is a very talented 19 year old who is looking out for his best interests. Now lets see if he can actually do something on the field and earn those Benjamins. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

It's hard to fathom Florida's initial offer that set the wheels in motion for the Jaden Rashada mess to unfold.

• Thumbs Up 1

We went from "Shhhh, don't tell anyone" to "I'm openly suing University #2 for not paying me the millions promised me to buyout my previous contract I walked out on with University #1 which is why I'm making millions more from University #3" real quick.

"Sadly, unethical and illegal tactics like this are more and more commonplace in the Wild West that is today's college football landscape," the lawsuit states. "As the first scholar-athlete to take a stand against such egregious behavior by adults who should know better, Jaden seeks to hold Defendants accountable for their actions and to expose the unchecked abuse of power that they shamelessly wielded."

I'm not sure who's abusing who any more.  Maybe it's us.

Edited by mikethehiker
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:21 PM, QuackyQuack said:

Why would he? In my eyes he has not done anything wrong. If this happened to any of us you would more than likely do the same thing. If someone promises you something and produces a contract, and then completely changes the terms would you want to continue doing business with them? 

He is a very talented 19 year old who is looking out for his best interests. Now lets see if he can actually do something on the field and earn those Benjamins. 

Smart addressed the matter and said he had no problem with Rashada filing suit. Of course, he is suing UGA's SEC rival Florida.

Cocktails all around.

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

On 5/21/2024 at 7:39 PM, mikethehiker said:

We went from "Shhhh, don't tell anyone" to "I'm openly suing University #2 for not paying me the millions promised me to buyout my previous contract I walked out on with University #1 which is why I'm making millions more from University #3" real quick.

"Sadly, unethical and illegal tactics like this are more and more commonplace in the Wild West that is today's college football landscape," the lawsuit states. "As the first scholar-athlete to take a stand against such egregious behavior by adults who should know better, Jaden seeks to hold Defendants accountable for their actions and to expose the unchecked abuse of power that they shamelessly wielded."

I'm not sure who's abusing who any more.  Maybe it's us.

Love the comment!

Rash is a hero in the eyes of his attorney who may have taken the case on a win or no-dough contingency. I'm shocked. 

The Gators booster who is a named defendant is not looking good.

Crazy where NCAA Football has gone to, I don't care about NIL or the transfer rule, but I do wonder how hard the kids that get millions right outta high school wanna work, having millions right out of high school woulda been great for me, but I would not have the work ethics I do now

CDN.JWPLAYER.COM

Today on The Hard Count, college football is an absolutely wild sport and we are living in the middle of a 30 For 30. Jaden Rashada is suing Billy Napier, Florida Gators former Director of...

• Thanks 1

Rashada is indeed talented. But Kirby took him, I'm told, for two reasons. First, Kirby practically insists on having four scholarship QBs on the roster and Rashada fits that niche. 

The second reason is that Kirby was impressed by the kid's competitiveness. Rashada could have been a starter elsewhere but preferred to sign with UGA despite having little if any chance of seeing playing time in 24. Plus, the current and future QB room is absolutely stacked through 2026 with top commits, so there is no assurance that he will ever start in Athens. Yet, Kirby sold the "development" factor and loved that the kid was willing to bet on himself. Who knows if Rashada's bet will pay off, but ya gotta love the kid's confidence in himself.

• Thumbs Up 3